8 bit conversion to 7 bit MIME ??????

Post by Emmanuel Ulric » Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Hi everyone, does someone know if there's an option in exchange server that
disallow the 8 bit mail format inbound, because I send mails to a server and
every mails are converted to 7 bit, so it take much time to sent all it
want.
Thanks for any kind of help.

--
Emmanuel ULRICH, Group IT
Infogrames Entertainment, Villeurbanne, France

Post by Rich Matheise » Fri, 01 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>Hi everyone, does someone know if there's an option in exchange server that
>disallow the 8 bit mail format inbound, because I send mails to a server and
>every mails are converted to 7 bit, so it take much time to sent all it
>want.

Exchange does not support the "8bitmime" keyword in ESMTP. Messages
must be converted to 7-bit MIME before sending them to Exchange, and
Exchange will convert all outbound mesage to 7-bit MIME.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

1. How to change from 128 bit to 40 bit

    I used Certificate Server to install a new certificate on our OWA
server.  It is an older machine and 128 bit is killing it.  Does anyone know
how to change it to have everyone use 40 bit?  I do not have the box checked
for require 128 bit encryption.  Any help will be appreciated.

Dwayne Fry

2. MSExchangeES Event ID 17 "The handler "xyz" could not be created"

3. NT 40 Bit VS 128 Bit and Exchange 5.5

4. Custom form designed with outlook can't be seen on the WEB using OWA?

5. error: 8-bit data to 7-bit destination

6. Exchange Breakdown - Lost Public Folders...

7. Bit for bit Backup question

8. Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 server

9. OWA - 40 bit vs 128 bit client

10. Web Client 40 bit encryption vs 128 bit - Internet Explorer

11. 32 bit Outlook with 16 bit Office?

12. 8 bit mime.

13. 8-Bit Mime Support