Exchange Froze with no error

Post by torresn » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:36:24

Over the weekend, my exchange server froze, but only the exchange portion
froze.  Everything else was still running, like the backup, virus
protection, etc...

I checked the Event log viewer and there was nothing in it to indicate that
anything was wrong.  There were no errors.  After I restarted the server
everything went back to normal.  Has anyone encountered anything similar to
this?  Currently I am running NT 4 with SP6 with Exchange 5.5 SP4.

Thanks

Exchange Froze with no error

Post by Hank Clar » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:41:24

Did you try to down the exchange services, run admin or do anything to check on
the processes?

HankC

> Over the weekend, my exchange server froze, but only the exchange portion
> froze.  Everything else was still running, like the backup, virus
> protection, etc...

> I checked the Event log viewer and there was nothing in it to indicate that
> anything was wrong.  There were no errors.  After I restarted the server
> everything went back to normal.  Has anyone encountered anything similar to
> this?  Currently I am running NT 4 with SP6 with Exchange 5.5 SP4.

> Thanks

Exchange Froze with no error

Post by ejk.. » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 01:12:47

If you haven't got diagnostic loggings,  you may need to set-up them up
and monitor the situation for a while.

> Did you try to down the exchange services, run admin or do anything
to check on
> the processes?

> HankC

> > Over the weekend, my exchange server froze, but only the exchange
portion
> > froze.  Everything else was still running, like the backup, virus
> > protection, etc...

> > I checked the Event log viewer and there was nothing in it to
indicate that
> > anything was wrong.  There were no errors.  After I restarted the
server
> > everything went back to normal.  Has anyone encountered anything
similar to
> > this?  Currently I am running NT 4 with SP6 with Exchange 5.5 SP4.

> > Thanks

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Exchange Froze with no error

Post by torresn » Wed, 24 Jan 2001 01:58:45

I checked on the processes before I restarted the server and the only
process that was running at 30% - 40% was  MSEXCIMC.EXE. Everything else was
normal.

Carlos

> Did you try to down the exchange services, run admin or do anything to
check on
> the processes?

> HankC

> > Over the weekend, my exchange server froze, but only the exchange
portion
> > froze.  Everything else was still running, like the backup, virus
> > protection, etc...

> > I checked the Event log viewer and there was nothing in it to indicate
that
> > anything was wrong.  There were no errors.  After I restarted the server
> > everything went back to normal.  Has anyone encountered anything similar
> > this?  Currently I am running NT 4 with SP6 with Exchange 5.5 SP4.

> > Thanks

1. Exchange 2000 Errors and freeze on shutdown

We have an Exchange 2000 (RTM version) setup on the root PDC of our company.
Upon shutdown, we are getting a number of errors in our Applications Events
that appear to be coming from Exchange.  In the order they occur, they are:

responding.

This event error also occurs for processes "STORE.EXE (PID=2216)" and
"INETINFO.EXE (PID=1124)".  They are immediately followed by:

(The specified component >could not be found in the configuration
information.).

...which is followed by three occurrences of:

Exchange System Attendant >will re-set DS notification later.

This server is the only mail server in our organization.  It had a clean
install of Windows 2000.  Then we installed Exchange 5.5 SP3 on it and
imported all of our mailboxes.  Then we upgraded to Exchange 2000 (Beta 2).
Then I disabled the SRS and tried to remove the ADC - but I cannot delete
the Connection Agreement and tus cannot uninstall the ADC.  I have a feeling
that Exchange 2000 is still trying to refer to the old 5.5 version data, but
I don't know if that's the case or how to resolve it if it is.

Any ideas to help?

Thanks,
John Lafleur
Savage Entertainment, LLC

2. Sender name

3. OWA Freeze - ASP error

4. Block email address

5. Exchange 5.5 Agent freezes

6. client not showing new mail

7. OUTLOOK FREEZES WHEN CONNECTING TO EXCHANGE SERVER

8. moving to new server (read the disaster guide --no help )

9. Exchange Server Freezing Up

10. Exchange Server Freezing up

11. Exchange Freeze

12. Exchange Server freezes !!