exchange server failing to rout messages via isp

Post by Nikk » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:19:16

we use exchange server on a 4.5 SBS server

it has stopped sending emails via our host, emails just get lost. no
errors... nothing

i can send emails using outlook express so everything is ok with the ISP.

everything looks ok, nothing has been changed... any suggestions.

these erroros go into the application log on startup

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchange Pop3 Interface
Event Category: Configuration
Event ID: 11508
Date:  09/07/01
Time:  13:33:58
User:  N/A
Computer: NTSERVER
Accept clients on POP3 interface failed in function HrRegisterProtocol with
error 0x2741.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 1194
Date:  09/07/01
Time:  13:33:58
User:  N/A
Computer: NTSERVER
Accept clients on external interface POP3 failed with error 0x80004005.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchange IMAP4 Interface
Event Category: Configuration
Event ID: 11506
Date:  09/07/01
Time:  13:33:58
User:  N/A
Computer: NTSERVER
Accept clients on IMAP4 interface failed in function HrRegisterProtocol with
error 0x2741.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 1194
Date:  09/07/01
Time:  13:33:58
User:  N/A
Computer: NTSERVER
Accept clients on external interface IMAP4 failed with error 0x80004005.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchange NNTP Interface
Date:  09/07/01
Time:  13:34:11
User:  N/A
Computer: NTSERVER
Accept clients on NNTP interface failed in function HrRegisterProtocol with
error 0x2741.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS
Event Category: General
Event ID: 1194
Date:  09/07/01
Time:  13:34:11
User:  N/A
Computer: NTSERVER
Accept clients on external interface NNTP failed with error 0x80004005.

help!! thanks!!

Nik

exchange server failing to rout messages via isp

Post by Nikk » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 23:12:15

i have sorted it. the errors we related to another problem.

thanjs anyway!!

Quote:> we use exchange server on a 4.5 SBS server

> it has stopped sending emails via our host, emails just get lost. no
> errors... nothing

> i can send emails using outlook express so everything is ok with the ISP.

> everything looks ok, nothing has been changed... any suggestions.

> these erroros go into the application log on startup

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchange Pop3 Interface
> Event Category: Configuration
> Event ID: 11508
> Date:  09/07/01
> Time:  13:33:58
> User:  N/A
> Computer: NTSERVER
> Accept clients on POP3 interface failed in function HrRegisterProtocol
with
> error 0x2741.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 1194
> Date:  09/07/01
> Time:  13:33:58
> User:  N/A
> Computer: NTSERVER
> Accept clients on external interface POP3 failed with error 0x80004005.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchange IMAP4 Interface
> Event Category: Configuration
> Event ID: 11506
> Date:  09/07/01
> Time:  13:33:58
> User:  N/A
> Computer: NTSERVER
> Accept clients on IMAP4 interface failed in function HrRegisterProtocol
with
> error 0x2741.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 1194
> Date:  09/07/01
> Time:  13:33:58
> User:  N/A
> Computer: NTSERVER
> Accept clients on external interface IMAP4 failed with error 0x80004005.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchange NNTP Interface
> Event Category: Configuration
> Event ID: 11506
> Date:  09/07/01
> Time:  13:34:11
> User:  N/A
> Computer: NTSERVER
> Accept clients on NNTP interface failed in function HrRegisterProtocol
with
> error 0x2741.

> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 1194
> Date:  09/07/01
> Time:  13:34:11
> User:  N/A
> Computer: NTSERVER
> Accept clients on external interface NNTP failed with error 0x80004005.

> help!! thanks!!

> Nik

1. routing email from ISP to exchange 2000 server

We have a small network with an exchange 2000 server. The
network is connected to a linksys router. The linksys
router is connected to the cable modem (to the Internet).

How can we setup the exchange 2000 server to automatically
download the internet email from our ISP mail server and
distribute them to individual users?

e.g.

Thanks in advance

2. X.400 probs!

3. Connection to Exchange Server fails via Dialup/VPN

4. Listing users by Last Name in GAL

5. BackOfficeStorage?????

6. NNTP to ISP News server fails

7. Disable reply to all in message

8. Accessing Exchange Server from home via Outlook - messages are pulled off the server

9. NNTP to ISP News server fails

10. Mail routing on new server fails...

11. routing third party ISP/internet mail to Exchange account

12. Forward to a DL via a server based rule fails