mail disappers - how?

Post by Frank DiPac » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,
I hope someone can give me a handle on how this happened?

A user running outlook 2000, exchange server connection to exchange 5.5 sp2.

He had 50  or so new  message in inbox, left for a minute. Upon returning
to his desk everything in inbox was gone. Deleted folder had only mail he
had previously deleted not the ones that were missing from inbox. We are at a
loss
to explain how it happened and where the messages went?

Anyone had this happen? Or better yet how to prevent it  and hopefully how to
get
them back?  They are, of course, not on backup tapes as they were new this
morning.

Thanks for any help,
Frank DiPace
Project Join together