imcdata directory..

Post by Frank Durha » Sat, 13 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Greetings,

I have been reading and I have not found the procedure to automatically
delete the archive mail that is save in the \imcdata\in\archive,
\imcdata\out\archive, and the \imcdata\pickup\archive directories.  Is there
a way that Excahnge 5.5 deletes these pieces of mail after a certain period.
A point in the right direction will be appreciated.

Frank Durham
Network Engineer

imcdata directory..

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Sun, 14 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Greetings,

> I have been reading

Where?

Quote:> and I have not found the procedure to automatically
> delete the archive mail that is save in the \imcdata\in\archive,
> \imcdata\out\archive, and the \imcdata\pickup\archive directories.

Schedule del \imcdata\out\archive\*.* etc with AT

Quote:>  Is there
> a way that Excahnge 5.5 deletes these pieces of mail after a certain period.

No. But you can tell Exchange to stop doing this.
Go to IMC props/Diag logging tab and set logging level for Message Archival to
None.
Also check logging level for SMTP protocol log. It should be Med or lower.

Quote:

--
Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
Say YES to AMD at

Thanks.

Kirill S. Palagin

imcdata directory..

Post by Amiri Jone » Sun, 14 Nov 1999 04:00:00

>Greetings,

>I have been reading and I have not found the procedure to automatically
>delete the archive mail that is save in the \imcdata\in\archive,
>\imcdata\out\archive, and the \imcdata\pickup\archive directories.  Is
there
>a way that Excahnge 5.5 deletes these pieces of mail after a certain
period.
>A point in the right direction will be appreciated.

    Mail placed in the archive directories will NEVER be deleted by
Exchange.  Indeed, it will never even be TOUCHED by Exchange once it has
been placed there.  It is being placed there because the Message Archival
setting of the IMS Diagnostics Logging is set to something other than None.
Change this to None, then stop and restart the IMS if you're tired of this
stuff piling up and you're not doing anything with it.

1. Archive directory in the IMCDATA directory of Excsrvr

Can someone explain the role of the archive directory for me?

2. Account Size restrictions

3. Large files in imcdata directory

4. Exchange Without WINS

5. Retriving emails archived in the imcdata directory.

6. Exchanges services terminating unexpectedly

7. log file too large in the imcdata directory

8. backup exchange

9. imcdata directory

10. MTA stops due to IMCDATA Directory too big.

11. imcdata directory

12. Need some help on the imcdata directories within Exchange 5.5

13. Do you know imcdata directory in Exchange server