2 Email dominas

Post by Lee Aylin » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

I have 1 exchange server with 2 email domains.:-

x.y.com AND
a.b.com

These have been specified in the IMC properties.

I have a few users who need to receive and send emails from both these
domains. I can get email to them fine but I want the users to be able to
pick what domain shows as their email adress when sending SMTP mail.

Does anyone have any pointers

Thanks in advance

Lee

2 Email dominas

Post by Matthew Malone » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

1. You can give the users admin rights and install Exchange Admin
on their workstations so they can change which SMTP address is
the reply-to address.
2. You can ask them to call you everytime they want to send from
a different address/domain so you can make the change.
3. You create another mailbox for each user and another profile
on each of their workstations.
4. You can have a developer create a script that will check SMTP
messages as they arrive at the relay for specific information
maybe in the headers and then alias/change the reply to address.
5. I think using CDO you may be able to give users the option of
changing their "reply-to" address from their workstation.
Matthew Maloney

Quote:> I have 1 exchange server with 2 email domains.:-

> x.y.com AND
> a.b.com

> These have been specified in the IMC properties.

> I have a few users who need to receive and send emails from
both these
> domains. I can get email to them fine but I want the users to
be able to
> pick what domain shows as their email adress when sending SMTP
mail.

> Does anyone have any pointers

> Thanks in advance

> Lee

2 Email dominas

Post by <s.boyl.. » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

In outlook you can specify the email address you send from by view the from
field and entering the email address you want the message to appear to be
from.

To have replies also sent to this address (or any other) you can also enter
a value in the Have replies sent to option (from the options tab on any
message).

Whether you need to set the reply address on the everytime you send a
message from a different email address, I do not know, but I would be
interested to find out. ;-)

Cheers
Stephen

<snip>

Quote:>domains. I can get email to them fine but I want the users to be able to
>pick what domain shows as their email adress when sending SMTP mail.

2 Email dominas

Post by Amiri Jone » Sun, 23 May 1999 04:00:00

Yeah, but this only works if the two domain addresses are represented
by separate mailboxes.  If both addresses are assigned to the same
mailbox, then that's not possible.