error: 8-bit data to 7-bit destination

Post by Rutherfor » Tue, 10 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I have been seeing this message alot on our servers. Does anybody know what
causes this.  We just upgraded our server from Exchange 4.0 to 5.5.

The original message was received at Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:43:10 -0400 (EDT)

Post by Rich Matheis » Wed, 11 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>I have been seeing this message alot on our servers. Does anybody know what
>causes this.  We just upgraded our server from Exchange 4.0 to 5.5.

>The original message was received at Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:43:10 -0400 (EDT)

>   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----

>   ----- Transcript of session follows -----

Call MS PSS and ask about the process of fixing this with the MDUTIL
tool from the NT4OP. Start with the IIS folks.

The problem is the SMTP server from the NT4OP advertises that it will
accept 8bitmime, but when it tries to deliver the message to Exchange
(which doesn't support 8bitmime) it returns the message as
undeliverable instead of converting the message to an acceptable
format.

1. How to change from 128 bit to 40 bit

    I used Certificate Server to install a new certificate on our OWA
server.  It is an older machine and 128 bit is killing it.  Does anyone know
how to change it to have everyone use 40 bit?  I do not have the box checked
for require 128 bit encryption.  Any help will be appreciated.

Dwayne Fry

2. VB & MS Exchange Gurus .... help !

3. NT 40 Bit VS 128 Bit and Exchange 5.5

4. Forward incoming and outgoing messages

5. 8 bit conversion to 7 bit MIME ??????

6. Catchall mails for one domain

7. Bit for bit Backup question

8. Links to Attachments Broken

9. OWA - 40 bit vs 128 bit client

10. Web Client 40 bit encryption vs 128 bit - Internet Explorer

11. 32 bit Outlook with 16 bit Office?

12. Exchange 16 bit Client gets EMM386 Error

13. Bit for bit image backup? How to?