Using offline folders in combination with personal folders

Using offline folders in combination with personal folders

Post by Erwin van der Bee » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 00:15:44

Can you use personal folders and offline folders next to each other. We have a
public calendar. Everyone uses this to put their appointments in. There are two
persons who should also be able to see the personal calendar's of the users. This
is (for as far as I know) the only way to view the public calendar per user. If
there is a way to do this t will also solve my problem.

Most users use a personal folder and get their mail delivered there. It then also
uses the calendar of the personal folder. If that is the case then I am not able
to view their calendar from another computer. Is there a way around this (apart
from a delivery change via the services).

Erwin

Using offline folders in combination with personal folders

Post by jm » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 01:53:23

Let me make sure I understand your question.  You have mail setup so that
all mail is delivered to PST's instead of left on Exchange.  You want to see
the calendar of all users.  If all mail is delivered to PST's there is no
way for someone else to see their calendar because nothing is on the server
for them to see.  If possible you may want to investigate using OST's as
opposed to PST's.
There is a public calendar that everyone needs access to.  Is this calendar
a mailbox or a public folder?

[...]

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 02 Feb 2001 02:30:48

See FAQ, App F at

Quote:> Can you use personal folders and offline folders next to each other. We have a

--
Corrections are welcome.

For "Good post" practice visit

Kirill.

1. Offline folders versus Personal folders

I am looking for a document that discusses the pros and cons of offline
folders versus personal folders.
About three years ago we reconfigured all our Outlook 2000 clients for
offline folders thinking the mail would be more secure if it stayed on the
server.   Now , performance may be a higher priority.  We are considering
going back to personal folders thus storing the mail on the local pc.

All suggestions appreciated.

--
Jerry Fortenberry

2. SMTP relay problem

3. Personal Folders vs. no Personal Folders

4. Problem: X.400 Connector over TCP/IP MTA Transport Stack

5. personal folder (deleting the folder from the folder list)

6. User's sent items

7. Controlling Personal Folders using automation

8. Conecting 2 exchange servers...

9. Can't view personal contacts folder using OWA

10. Using File System instead of Public Folders for Offline-Synchronization

11. Help using OFFLINE Folder - very desperate

12. Using public folders offline