Services Suddenly Stopping

Post by joelro » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:21:18

I'm running a Win 2k Server with Exchange Server 5.5, over
the weekend, Saturday April 6, two Exchange Server
Services stopped on their own. They are Internet Mail
Service and Exchange Information Store. The only error
message I'm getting is in Event Viewer that Exchange
Information Store stopped suddenly. Every time I restart
the services, within a few minutes they shut down again.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
joelrob

Services Suddenly Stopping

Post by Mark Arnold [MVP » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:43:29

Two things. Check application event log for interesting
entries and whilst you're at it check the drive that the
exchange IS logs reside on to see if you're out of space.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I'm running a Win 2k Server with Exchange Server 5.5,
over
>the weekend, Saturday April 6, two Exchange Server
>Services stopped on their own. They are Internet Mail
>Service and Exchange Information Store. The only error
>message I'm getting is in Event Viewer that Exchange
>Information Store stopped suddenly. Every time I restart
>the services, within a few minutes they shut down again.
>Any suggestions?

>Thanks,
>joelrob
>.

Services Suddenly Stopping

Post by taz » Thu, 11 Apr 2002 00:24:10

To clarify...

If you are running out of space...this would be on an Exchange 5.5 standard
edition (Caps out at 16GB).  On Enterprise edition your Priv is not subject
to the limitations the standard edition...it's capacty unlimited.

Okay okay...it's limitations is the space available that you have on disk.

-Taz

Quote:> I'm running a Win 2k Server with Exchange Server 5.5, over
> the weekend, Saturday April 6, two Exchange Server
> Services stopped on their own. They are Internet Mail
> Service and Exchange Information Store. The only error
> message I'm getting is in Event Viewer that Exchange
> Information Store stopped suddenly. Every time I restart
> the services, within a few minutes they shut down again.
> Any suggestions?

> Thanks,
> joelrob

Services Suddenly Stopping

Post by Neil Hobso » Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:47:45

Actually, I thought the real limitation was 16TB, but I admit the disk space
will fill up first!  :-)

--
Neil Hobson

Silversands
http://www.silversands.co.uk
Microsoft Gold Certified Partner
For Enterprise Systems
For Collaborative Solutions

> To clarify...

> If you are running out of space...this would be on an Exchange 5.5
standard
> edition (Caps out at 16GB).  On Enterprise edition your Priv is not
subject
> to the limitations the standard edition...it's capacty unlimited.

> Okay okay...it's limitations is the space available that you have on disk.

> -Taz

> > I'm running a Win 2k Server with Exchange Server 5.5, over
> > the weekend, Saturday April 6, two Exchange Server
> > Services stopped on their own. They are Internet Mail
> > Service and Exchange Information Store. The only error
> > message I'm getting is in Event Viewer that Exchange
> > Information Store stopped suddenly. Every time I restart
> > the services, within a few minutes they shut down again.
> > Any suggestions?

> > Thanks,
> > joelrob

1. HELP-IS service suddenly stopped

My IS service suddenly stopped with the following events.  I am sure my
drive is not read-only and I have lots of disk space.  Any suggestions.
Thanks a lot.
MSExchangeIS (410) Unable to create the log. The drive may be read-only, out
of disk space, misconfigured, or corrupted. Error -1032.

An error occurred while writing to the database log file. Attempting to stop
the Microsoft Exchange Information Store.

2. What's the best Exchange 2000 virus solution?

3. Internet Mail service suddenly stop?

4. Modify Global Address Book

5. Services stopping suddenly like SMTP, IMAP4, WWW

6. AUTOACCEPT Script

7. OWA stop working suddenly

8. Exchange 5.0 Suddenly Stops Accepting Incoming Internet Mail

9. OWA suddenly stopped working

10. Information Store stops responding (suddenly)

11. Exchange Server suddenly Stopped

12. News feed from MS stopped suddenly?