Event Viewer Application log

Post by Jackie Firkin » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I have a  weird problem, when I look at my Event Viewer under Application
log, it shows that me that  NT User XXXXX logon to BBBBB mailbox, and is not
the primary NT user of this mailbox.  I have this daily on all my users.  It
doesn't appear to make a difference to end user.  Everyone is getting into
their own mailbox but this message appears everyday in my Event Viewer.  I
am on NT 4.0 Service pack 5 and Exchange 5.5 Service pack 3.  Does anyone
else have this problem?? thanks, jackie.

Event Viewer Application log

Post by Tony » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

It's your Exchange service account and other NT accounts on your domain.
It's just a security audit stating that so and so tried to logon to mailbox
but is not the Primary NT account for this mailbox. We get them too. Don't
worry about it. It can come in handy if you think someone on your network is
trying to access someone's mailbox

Quote:> I have a  weird problem, when I look at my Event Viewer under Application

Post by Amiri Jone » Thu, 03 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I have a  weird problem, when I look at my Event Viewer under Application
> log, it shows that me that  NT User XXXXX logon to BBBBB mailbox, and is
not
> the primary NT user of this mailbox.  I have this daily on all my users.
It
> doesn't appear to make a difference to end user.  Everyone is getting into
> their own mailbox but this message appears everyday in my Event Viewer.  I
> am on NT 4.0 Service pack 5 and Exchange 5.5 Service pack 3.  Does anyone
> else have this problem?? thanks, jackie.

    If User A grants User B access to one of A's folders, whenever B opens
that folder, that message will be generated.  Same thing goes for delegate
access.  It's usually not something to worry about; that's why it's listed
as an Informational event. ;)

1. MegaServ.Log Warning in Application Event Viewer

For the last couple of weeks I have been getting two "Warning messages in
the Event Viewer Application area.  These both occur each night when
exchange does its routines.

Can anyone help me out with what they mean.  I have checked via
Support.microsoft.com and also with my Technet CDs.  No luck finding
anything similiar in terms of the Event ID # or the message information.
I'm not even sure what the MegaServ.Log is.

The Warning messages are as follows:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MegaServ.Log
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3201
Date:  2/28/2001
Time:  12:18:36 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: RAMSEXCHANGE
Adapter 1 Channel 1 Target 2:  Media Error Count=17, Other Error Count=0

and this one:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MegaServ.Log
Event Category: None
Event ID: 3202
Date:  2/28/2001
Time:  12:18:36 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: RAMSEXCHANGE
Adapter 1 Channel 1 Target 2: Sense Data: errCode=0x70  valBit=1
segMent=0x00  SenseKey=3  ILI=0  EOM=0  FMRK=0  Address=0x010762CF  ASL=0xE
cmdSpec=0x0000  ASC=0x16  ASCQ=0x00

Thanks in advance....

Dan Wylde, MCSE

2. Outlook Profile Generation

3. MSExchangeIs MailBox Store error message in Event Viewer>Application Log

4. Cannot send big email or email with attachment

5. Error: LicenseService in Event Viewer>Application Log

6. Mail Disappearing without warning

7. Warning: Perf Disk in Event Viewer>Application Log

8. generate address books onto outlook express

9. Event ID 9405 Msg logged in event Viewer App Log

10. !HELP! Strange Exchange Errors in Event Viewer Application Log

11. Event ID 1000 Is Logged in the Application Event Log

12. Event Viewer (application errors)

13. I am recieving RFRI Error in Application event viewer