ILS -> Netmeeting

Post by Fred Jone » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi All,
I'm looking for information on using ILS to faciltate Netmeetings among
users logged onto Exchange using Outlook98.  I am running Exchange 5.5 SP1
and ILS on a separate server.  I entered the ILS information on the
Mailbox\Properties\Advanced tab and assumed (ahem) that this would log the
user onto the ILS when they logged onto the Exchange server.  How is this
feature supposed to work?  I have found very little documentation on this.
Thanks for any help,
Ron

ILS -> Netmeeting

Post by Mike Hil » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I also had the same problem.
I still dont know the significance of the ILS server and ILS account fields
on the
Advanced tab but would like to know.

The only way to get this to work is to start Netmeeting and from the
Tools|Options
change  MyInformation so that the email-address = your Exchange alias.

Then from outlook 98 use GO|Internet call from address book and choose the
recipient.

If the other person who you want to connect to has done the same on the
other side
it should start a netmeeting.

Mike.

>Hi All,
>I'm looking for information on using ILS to faciltate Netmeetings among
>users logged onto Exchange using Outlook98.  I am running Exchange 5.5 SP1
>and ILS on a separate server.  I entered the ILS information on the
>Mailbox\Properties\Advanced tab and assumed (ahem) that this would log the
>user onto the ILS when they logged onto the Exchange server.  How is this
>feature supposed to work?  I have found very little documentation on this.
>Thanks for any help,
>Ron

ILS -> Netmeeting

Post by Fred Jone » Sat, 23 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Mike,
Thanks for the reply...I have done similar workarounds and also am searching
for the meaning of the ILS fileds on the Advanced tab.  I searched all docs
I have, as well as all the usual MS resources.  I even went to the bookstore
and did an index search of all the Exchange books.  Please don't tell me I
have to call Microsoft!!!
I'll post if I find something.
Ron

>I also had the same problem.
>I still dont know the significance of the ILS server and ILS account fields
>on the
>Advanced tab but would like to know.

>The only way to get this to work is to start Netmeeting and from the
>Tools|Options
>change  MyInformation so that the email-address = your Exchange alias.

>Then from outlook 98 use GO|Internet call from address book and choose the
>recipient.

>If the other person who you want to connect to has done the same on the
>other side
>it should start a netmeeting.

>Mike.

>>Hi All,
>>I'm looking for information on using ILS to faciltate Netmeetings among
>>users logged onto Exchange using Outlook98.  I am running Exchange 5.5 SP1
>>and ILS on a separate server.  I entered the ILS information on the
>>Mailbox\Properties\Advanced tab and assumed (ahem) that this would log the
>>user onto the ILS when they logged onto the Exchange server.  How is this
>>feature supposed to work?  I have found very little documentation on this.
>>Thanks for any help,
>>Ron

1. ILS -> Netmeeting

Hi All,
I'm looking for information on using ILS to faciltate Netmeetings among
users logged onto Exchange using Outlook98.  I am running Exchange 5.5 SP1
and ILS on a separate server.  I entered the ILS information on the
Mailbox\Properties\Advanced tab and assumed (ahem) that this would log the
user onto the ILS when they logged onto the Exchange server.  How is this
feature supposed to work?  I have found very little documentation on this.
Thanks for any help,
Ron

2. Customize form which everyone use the same design.

3. Exchange -> ILS -> Netmeeting

4. Calendar show 'No Information' for .ost accounts

5. Exchange 5.5, ILS and Netmeeting ?

6. script using for add/change/remote 2nd SMTP address

7. OWA Cannot find server or DNS error

8. ILS, Exchange 5.5 and Netmeeting

9. Exchange 5.5, ILS and Netmeeting ?

10. ILS, Netmeeting, and Exchange!?!

11. Using Exchange ILS server attribute to start Netmeeting

12. ils/netmeeting setup