Can't view OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK properties

Can't view OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK properties

Post by Anet » Wed, 24 Sep 2003 06:00:22

Hi all,
I have a Exchange 5.5 server organization.  One of our sites, located in
another city, has an Offline Address Book whose properties I cannot open.
When I attempt to do so, I get the error message,

'The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable.  Either the
Microsoft Exchange Server computer servicing this public folder is down or
the public folder has not been replicated to this site.  See your
administrator.

Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no:  80004005-0507-00000000

I've searched MS' TechNet to no avail.  I've verified Everyone has Access
this computer from the network rights on the domain.  I can get to my 6
other Exchange Server sites' Offline Address Book, but not this one.  Any
ideas out there?

Thanks!
Anet

Can't view OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK properties

Post by Andy David [MVP » Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:36:38

Have you created an instance of the OAB on that server?

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:00:22 -0700, "Anet"

>Hi all,
>I have a Exchange 5.5 server organization.  One of our sites, located in
>another city, has an Offline Address Book whose properties I cannot open.
>When I attempt to do so, I get the error message,

>'The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable.  Either the
>Microsoft Exchange Server computer servicing this public folder is down or
>the public folder has not been replicated to this site.  See your
>administrator.

>Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
>ID no:  80004005-0507-00000000

>I've searched MS' TechNet to no avail.  I've verified Everyone has Access
>this computer from the network rights on the domain.  I can get to my 6
>other Exchange Server sites' Offline Address Book, but not this one.  Any
>ideas out there?

>Thanks!
>Anet

Can't view OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK properties

Post by Anet » Thu, 25 Sep 2003 00:08:28

Andy,
No, I had not done that and that was the problem.  Thank you SO much for
your help!!
Annette

> Have you created an instance of the OAB on that server?

> On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:00:22 -0700, "Anet"

> >Hi all,
> >I have a Exchange 5.5 server organization.  One of our sites, located in
> >another city, has an Offline Address Book whose properties I cannot open.
> >When I attempt to do so, I get the error message,

> >'The contents of this public folder are currently unavailable.  Either
the
> >Microsoft Exchange Server computer servicing this public folder is down
or
> >the public folder has not been replicated to this site.  See your
> >administrator.

> >Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
> >ID no:  80004005-0507-00000000

> >I've searched MS' TechNet to no avail.  I've verified Everyone has Access
> >this computer from the network rights on the domain.  I can get to my 6
> >other Exchange Server sites' Offline Address Book, but not this one.  Any
> >ideas out there?

> >Thanks!
> >Anet

1. Address Book Views and Offline Address Book

We have set up several servers with Address Book views in our organisation
and also genrate an offline address book.

The OAB genrates trouble free but when the clients try to download it, it is
not visible in the list.
We have tried this on a different server without Address Book Views and the
clients have no problem in finding the OAB.

Just wondered if anyone has fought with this problem before.

Much obliged

s i m o n   w a l s h

2. OOPS!!! Pub.edb is too big!!!

3. Offline Address Book and Address Book Views problems

4. Monitoring Exchange 2K

5. Help with Offline Address Books and Address Book Views please

6. Out of Office Assistant Delays

7. Offline address book doesn't contain entire Global Address Book

8. Recovering public folder

9. Offline Address Book -- Exchange 5.5 Outlook Offline Address Book -- Any way to get this back

10. 'Tools - Find' in Offline Address Book

11. Offline Address Book Views