Exchange 5 to 5.5SP1 upgrade - OWA stopped working

Exchange 5 to 5.5SP1 upgrade - OWA stopped working

Post by Dana » Tue, 03 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I upgraded my Exchange server from 5.0 to 5.5 with SP1 over the weekend.  I
was running OWA on my IIS 3.0/Proxy 2.0 NT box before the upgrade and and
everything worked fine.  After the upgrade, my OWA has stopped working.  I
try to connect and the browser just times out - no error message, nothing.
Any ideas??  Thanks in advance - I'm really stumped!!

Exchange 5 to 5.5SP1 upgrade - OWA stopped working

Post by ed » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

try upgrading to  IIS 4 from the NT 4.0 Options pack.

Quote:> I upgraded my Exchange server from 5.0 to 5.5 with SP1 over the weekend.
> was running OWA on my IIS 3.0/Proxy 2.0 NT box before the upgrade and and
> everything worked fine.  After the upgrade, my OWA has stopped working.
> try to connect and the browser just times out - no error message,
nothing.
> Any ideas??  Thanks in advance - I'm really stumped!!

Exchange 5 to 5.5SP1 upgrade - OWA stopped working

Post by Dana » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I actually upgrade to IIS 4 a while ago (before the Exchange 5.5 SP1) - I am
running Proxy 2.0, though, and Proxy 2.0 and IIS 4 do not like each other.
Proxy basically stopped working, so I went back to IIS 3 and no errors.
Until now....

>try upgrading to  IIS 4 from the NT 4.0 Options pack.

>> I upgraded my Exchange server from 5.0 to 5.5 with SP1 over the weekend.
>> was running OWA on my IIS 3.0/Proxy 2.0 NT box before the upgrade and and
>> everything worked fine.  After the upgrade, my OWA has stopped working.
>> try to connect and the browser just times out - no error message,
>nothing.
>> Any ideas??  Thanks in advance - I'm really stumped!!

Exchange 5 to 5.5SP1 upgrade - OWA stopped working

Post by Peter Dampi » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I actually upgrade to IIS 4 a while ago (before the Exchange 5.5 SP1) - I am
>running Proxy 2.0, though, and Proxy 2.0 and IIS 4 do not like each other.
>Proxy basically stopped working, so I went back to IIS 3 and no errors.
>Until now....

There is now a Proxy rollup fix out from MS that fixes most of Proxy
2/IIS4 problems....