How To: Employe has left the Company

Post by Michael Rychte » Wed, 06 Sep 2000 16:46:00

How do we handle the situation where an employee leaves the business and we
want all his mail to be transferred to another employee.

The new employee will need the Contacts from the old employee.  He will want
the Inbox(s) and Sent Items from the old employee.

How do we do this?  I thought about "exporting" the data but felt that there
MUST be an easier procedure.

How To: Employe has left the Company

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 06 Sep 2000 17:48:33

Sure there is an easier procedure - in Exch admin prog double-click mailbox in
question and change desired properties.

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

How To: Employe has left the Company

Post by Michael Rychte » Wed, 06 Sep 2000 18:11:58

Hello Kirill...

Thanks for the note.  I can see now that if I change the "Alternate Receipt"
that mail to the old employee will now go to the new one.

How do I send the current contents of the Old employee's Outlook 2000 to the
new employee (Contacts, InBox(s), Sent Items, etc)?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Wed, 06 Sep 2000 18:40:47

> Hello Kirill...

> Thanks for the note.  I can see now that if I change the "Alternate Receipt"
> that mail to the old employee will now go to the new one.

No.
You do NOT use Alt Recip for this - you just change Display Name and e-mail
address.

Quote:

> How do I send the current contents of the Old employee's Outlook 2000 to the
> new employee (Contacts, InBox(s), Sent Items, etc)?

--
If you feel that anything in my post needs correction - feel free to do so.

Kirill

How To: Employe has left the Company

Post by Sean Relp » Wed, 06 Sep 2000 20:14:44

If you have already set up the new user and he/she has got items in
their mail box then you could change the permissions on the old box so
the new user can access it then copy all the contents across.
Posted To:      microsoft.public.exchange.admin
Conversation:   How To: Employe has left the Company
Subject:        Re: How To: Employe has left the Company

Hello Kirill...

Thanks for the note.  I can see now that if I change the "Alternate
Receipt"
that mail to the old employee will now go to the new one.

How do I send the current contents of the Old employee's Outlook 2000 to
the
new employee (Contacts, InBox(s), Sent Items, etc)?

How To: Employe has left the Company

Post by David Brickne » Wed, 06 Sep 2000 23:17:15

What I would usually do in this circumstance is delete the SMTP address from
the old user. Add it to the new user.

From my desktop I would open both mailboxes. I would drag the contents of
each folder, inbox, sent items, contacts, etc into the new users mailbox but
in a subfolder of the main that I created. Then the new user can clean up
and move those items as they see fit.

Quote:

> Hello Kirill...

> Thanks for the note.  I can see now that if I change the "Alternate
Receipt"
> that mail to the old employee will now go to the new one.

> How do I send the current contents of the Old employee's Outlook 2000 to
the
> new employee (Contacts, InBox(s), Sent Items, etc)?

How To: Employe has left the Company

Post by Kare » Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:01:48

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:17:15 -0400, "David Brickner"

>What I would usually do in this circumstance is delete the SMTP address from
>the old user. Add it to the new user.

>From my desktop I would open both mailboxes. I would drag the contents of
>each folder, inbox, sent items, contacts, etc into the new users mailbox but
>in a subfolder of the main that I created. Then the new user can clean up
>and move those items as they see fit.
><snip>

Hi David, Everybody,

This is basically what we do -but we have a problem.

Has anyone worked out a way to transfer appointment items across so
that the meeting organiser becomes the new person? In our organsiation
we have a problem with Personal assistants changing and meetings that
they have organised (often recurring meetings) are not able to be
changed by the new PA because they are not the organiser.

Any ideas?

Karen

How To: Employe has left the Company

Post by Ed Crowle » Wed, 13 Sep 2000 01:25:07

I really don't think there's a good way to do this.  I think your answer is
the brute force method of having the new responsible party schedule all new
appointment items and ask he attendees to delete the old one or just leave
it around as a duplicate.

--
Ed Crowley MCSE+Internet MVP-Exchange
Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm