Install MX5 on member server?

Post by Christopher Grov » Fri, 04 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Thismight be a very dumb question but can I install Microsoft Exchange 5 on
a domain memeber server (not PDC or BDC) ? Or must I take additionnal steps
or  ...

any help appreciated

Thanks

Install MX5 on member server?

Post by Sigi Jagot » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Yes, of course! You can install Exchange Server on any Server you want!
--
Siegfried Jagott
Lead Consultant - Exchange Server

Quote:> Thismight be a very dumb question but can I install Microsoft Exchange 5
on
> a domain memeber server (not PDC or BDC) ? Or must I take additionnal
steps
> or  ...

> any help appreciated

> Thanks

Install MX5 on member server?

Post by Aditi Corporati » Sat, 05 Apr 1997 04:00:00

 Hi,

 >>>can I install Microsoft Exchange 5 on a domain memeber server
 (not PDC or BDC) ?<<<

 Yes you can install the Exchange Server on a Windows NT server which
 is not a PDC or a BDC without taking any additional steps.

 Regards,
 Anand Mohan
 Aditi Corp.

 Aditi Corp was formerly known as NetQuest Inc.

1. Installing Exchange 5.5 on W2K Member server

New servers arrive soon.  Both will be Windows 2000 SP3 member servers in a
native AD domain.

At the moment directory replication isn't needed.

Basically I need to install 5.5 SP4, move a bunch of mailboxes and public
folders, move replication between this site and a remote site, and have an
SMTP connector on one of the servers.

I'm aware of the "Ed Crowley Move Server Method", I'd appreciate a
refresher if there's any special steps to take when installing Exchange 5.5
on a Windows 2000 member?

Having read the MS documents, the only gotcha's I've seen are to make sure
the SMTP service is disabled (IIS won't be installed), to make sure the
service account is in the local administrators or power users group, and
(this one I'm not sure about) if you have Terminal Services installed, to
run setup from the Add/Remove applet in Control Panel - we will have TS
installed, but in remote admin mode only.  As these are member servers, I
believe LDAP conflicts shouldn't be an issue?

I'll likely do an installation into a new exchange organization/site just
to check things appear to work - I don't want to install it, find it adds
the server to the existing site/org then keels over before the install
finishes!

Thanks in advance,

regards
Paul
--
paul <at> spamcop.net

2. NNTP Server

3. Exchange2000 can install in Win2000 member server ?

4. Exchange server and Outlook

5. Installing Exchange 2000 on Win2K member server

6. New Mail Notification

7. install on member server or bdc

8. Exchange insisting mailbox doesn't exist

9. Install as BDC or as member server

10. Install to Domain controller or Member Server??..

11. Install as BDC or as member server

12. Install: BDC or member server

13. Install as BDC or as member server