Mailbox Problems....

Post by Johan Henningsso » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I'm running Exchange 5.5 SP3.
I have to users with one account each on the Exchange server.
The first have the alias SNCS and the second SNCSG. Same as
their NT accounts.

When I use the "check name" feature to create a profile in Outlook
it finds both accounts when I use the SNCS alias.

I have deleted both accounts to see if it helps, but no... What causes
this and how do you fix it.....

Best Regards
Johan Henningsson

Mailbox Problems....

Post by Chris Scharf » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

On Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:37:57 +0200,  "Johan Henningsson"

>I'm running Exchange 5.5 SP3.
>I have to users with one account each on the Exchange server.
>The first have the alias SNCS and the second SNCSG. Same as
>their NT accounts.

>When I use the "check name" feature to create a profile in Outlook
>it finds both accounts when I use the SNCS alias.

>I have deleted both accounts to see if it helps, but no... What causes
>this and how do you fix it.....

Create a unique unambiguous alias for each. Exchange does partial
matching... type in "H" and then do a check name.

--
Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
Senior Systems Consultant

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

Mailbox Problems....

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>I'm running Exchange 5.5 SP3.
>I have to users with one account each on the Exchange server.
>The first have the alias SNCS and the second SNCSG. Same as
>their NT accounts.

>When I use the "check name" feature to create a profile in Outlook
>it finds both accounts when I use the SNCS alias.

>I have deleted both accounts to see if it helps, but no... What causes
>this and how do you fix it.....

As Chris said, Ambiguous Name Resolution is what causes this. If you
place a "=" before the name ("=SNCS", or "=SNCSG") the match should be
exact. Or you could use the Display Name instead of the alias.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. Clean Mailbox Problems

I have EX 5.5 w/ SP3.  My clean mailbox function, does not work.  I
start it... shows 1% complete and 0 items found.

I have 200 messages here.

It remains like this for hours, task manager shows nothing is wrong.

I have tried this many times, even rebooted.

Any ideas?

Steve Dim

2. Replacing an organizations 1st Exchange 5.5 server

3. Mailbox problem in Exchange2K/Exchange55

4. Dual-homed Server and SMTP

5. New user mailbox problem, Please HELP!!!!

6. Slow to resolve Names

7. Setting up mailbox problem

8. Import D.L. from csv

9. message and mailbox problem with 5.5 to E2K

10. Exchange mailboxes problems

11. Connector for POP3 mailboxes problems

12. New User Mailbox Problem Please HELP!!!!!

13. deleting a mailbox problems