Supernews problems - repeated newsgroup posts?

Supernews problems - repeated newsgroup posts?

Post by John Lundel » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Strange... when I get new headers, I suddenly got a bunch of new
messages that were actually posts from months ago.

I refreshed all headers and got the same.  I see a few messages I
posted long long ago.

Odd.. hope it is just my server and not yours too.

Supernews problems - repeated newsgroup posts?

Post by bobb » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

it's mine too! (newsguy.com)

Quote:> Strange... when I get new headers, I suddenly got a bunch of new
> messages that were actually posts from months ago.

> I refreshed all headers and got the same.  I see a few messages I
> posted long long ago.

> Odd.. hope it is just my server and not yours too.

Supernews problems - repeated newsgroup posts?

Post by Eric Coope » Fri, 05 Nov 1999 04:00:00

For Microsoft newsgroups, try connecting directly to msnews.microsoft.com

It's free.

Eric Cooper
MCSE
American Red Cross

Quote:> Strange... when I get new headers, I suddenly got a bunch of new
> messages that were actually posts from months ago.

> I refreshed all headers and got the same.  I see a few messages I
> posted long long ago.

> Odd.. hope it is just my server and not yours too.

1. NewsGroup Posting Problem from MS Outlook Express

I am running Exchange 2000 and need to set up a newgroup for my company.  I
set up the service for NNTP, I set authentication to Anonymous.  When I open
up Outlook Express I am able to connect to my server but when I try to
create a new post I get the following message:

Outlook Express could not post your message.  Subject 'test', Account:
'10.1.10.2', Server: '10.1.10.2', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441
(502) Article Rejected -- Access Denied.', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No,
Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

2. The name could not be resolved.

3. Problems with Posting Newsgroups Back in E2K

4. Encoding and Base 64 crap

5. Repeat post, forgot URL - New anti-virus system for Outlook - Free Trial, want feedback

6. Please Help!

7. Repeat Mail Reteval (2nd Post)

8. Security issues

9. Repeat post, forgot URL - New anti-virus system for Outlook - Free Trial, want feedback

10. Posting is not allowed - newsgroup error message

11. Automatically Post to Newsgroups

12. Anonymous newsgroup posting with Public Folders