Auto saving an attachement

Post by M$ » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 03:13:05

We get an Email each day into a public folder (Exchange 5.5 on Win2000 Srv)
that contains an attachment that gets save to a network share. I would like
to automate this process.

Would some one please point me in the right direction? Can I create a server
based rule to do that or what can I do to accomplish this? Please be
specific for I'm new at this stuff.

Thank you very much in advance.

Auto saving an attachement

Post by William Lefkovics [MVP » Fri, 26 Oct 2001 04:47:21

M-String:

Check out:
www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm

William Lefkovics, MCSE, A+

> We get an Email each day into a public folder (Exchange 5.5 on Win2000
Srv)
> that contains an attachment that gets save to a network share. I would
like
> to automate this process.

> Would some one please point me in the right direction? Can I create a
server
> based rule to do that or what can I do to accomplish this? Please be
> specific for I'm new at this stuff.

> Thank you very much in advance.

1. Saving attachements with OWA

One of our more advanced users has posed a question that I can't answer
with 100% certainty.   He wants to place files in a public folder using
OutlookXX from work, go home and work on those files using OWA, but save
the changes back to the file in the public folder.   When he (or I)
click on Save, the file is actually saved in the %TMP% directory on the
local hard drive.  We've tried saving changes to attachements in the
Inbox as well using OWA with the same results.  Is there any way to open
up an attachement, modify it, and save the document back to the
e-mail/public folder using OWA like you can with regular OutlookXX?

BTW - Exchange Enterprise edition 5.5, SP3 on NT4 w/SPa.  OWA is running
on NT4/sp6a with IIS4.0 using SSL.

2. Problème d'impression

3. Ex2000 : Auto-Forwarding Drops Attachements

4. Can't see mailbox after "mailbox move"

5. Looking an event script to auto save attachments

6. Outlook changing contents of message

7. Auto save to disk

8. Alternate recipient for Administrator

9. EX 5.5 auto save attachments?

10. Auto Save Msg to .msg format

11. How to create Auto rule to save attachments from inbound emails

12. Auto-Save Attachemnts from an email in Outlook

13. Auto Saving Attachments to a local or network folder