SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, SLOW

Post by Sue Appleyar » Thu, 24 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

I have installed Exchange sever 4.0 from the Backoffice 2.5 package and
exchange is very slow.  It takes approx 45 seconds to load exchange on
the client machine.  Exchange is installed locally on a Pentium 133 16
megs and it takes about 30 seconds to bring up a window to send or
receive mail and about 45 seconds to get messages.  The server is a
Pentium 166 with 64 megs and there is only 1 mailbox, I have just
installed it, and am just testing it.  Any ideas?????

Thanks in advance for the advice
Sue

SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, SLOW

Post by Anthon » Mon, 28 Jul 1997 04:00:00

You probably have the binding order set incorrectly on the client machine.
--
Anthony

Quote:> Hi all,

> I have installed Exchange sever 4.0 from the Backoffice 2.5 package and
> exchange is very slow.  It takes approx 45 seconds to load exchange on
> the client machine.  Exchange is installed locally on a Pentium 133 16
> megs and it takes about 30 seconds to bring up a window to send or
> receive mail and about 45 seconds to get messages.  The server is a
> Pentium 166 with 64 megs and there is only 1 mailbox, I have just
> installed it, and am just testing it.  Any ideas?????

> Thanks in advance for the advice
> Sue

SLOW, SLOW, SLOW, SLOW

Post by Scott A. Lefebvr » Tue, 29 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Sue,
are you using DNS?  Is it configured properly?  I would suggest that you
triple check all such configurations.  Are any office products taking an
extremely long time?

Scott

Quote:> Hi all,

> I have installed Exchange sever 4.0 from the Backoffice 2.5 package and
> exchange is very slow.  It takes approx 45 seconds to load exchange on
> the client machine.  Exchange is installed locally on a Pentium 133 16
> megs and it takes about 30 seconds to bring up a window to send or
> receive mail and about 45 seconds to get messages.  The server is a
> Pentium 166 with 64 megs and there is only 1 mailbox, I have just
> installed it, and am just testing it.  Any ideas?????

> Thanks in advance for the advice
> Sue

1. OWA SLOW SLOW SLOW

I just migrated to Exchange 2000 from Exchange 5.5 using the method outlined
in Microsoft KB article 316886.  I still have one Exchange 5.5 server in the
site, but all mailboxes and public folders are on Exchange 2000 and all
icoming and outgoing email is routed through the Exchange 2000 server.  The
5.5 server is still running OWA.  The only reason for that is the Exchange
2000 OWA is super slow.  It works, but it is slow.  Much slower that the OWA
5.5.  I cannot figure out why.  The rest of the Exchange 2000 server seems
to be functioning just fine.  There are no error messages in the event
viewer.  Anyone have any thoughts?

Additional Information:

1.  Both Exchange servers are behind ISA server.
2.  Exchange 2000 is running on a Windows 2000 DC in mixed mode.
3.  Exchange 5.5 is running on Windows NT 4 SP6.

2. Help !

3. Slow slow slow !

4. Multilanguage support

5. Slow Slow Slow

6. ms project server

7. SLOW SLOW SLOW

8. Exchange 5.5 Open Relay won't go away.

9. Slow slow slow....

10. Exchange server became slower and slower

11. SLOW WHEN PRESSING EXTRA / SLOW FAXES

12. EX2K/MAPI: Slow Sending to External Servers(slow Catagorizer?)

13. OL 2000 -> Exchange startup slow, send attachment slow