guidelines for replacing exchange server 5.5

guidelines for replacing exchange server 5.5

Post by barab » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 00:08:14

Hi all,

I currently have an exchange server 5.5 running on a Windows NT 4.0
Server.
Because of an infrastructure upgrade, we are replacing the machine
with a new one. We will install Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 5.5.
What I would like to know is if there any guidelines for replacing an
Exchange Server from one machine to another one.

Thank you.

guidelines for replacing exchange server 5.5

Post by Arlo Clizer [MVP » Thu, 05 Dec 2002 01:07:17

Quote:> I currently have an exchange server 5.5 running on a Windows NT 4.0
> Server.
> Because of an infrastructure upgrade, we are replacing the machine
> with a new one. We will install Windows 2000 Server and Exchange 5.5.
> What I would like to know is if there any guidelines for replacing an
> Exchange Server from one machine to another one.

Sure, there is a good guide in the FAQ if you are using different names. If you are replacing a server, follow this document. Just pretend you suffered a failure.

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/administration/55/BackupRe...

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

1. replace exchange 5.5 server with exchange 2000 server

Hi,

I currently have Exchange 5.5 on NT 4.0 I plan to setup a new server
(hardware) with Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000 installed.  My plan is to
replace the current Exchange 5.5 server.

I'm hoping to setup the new server and then move the mailbox from exchange
5.5 to exchange 2000?
Any tips or suggestions on what to look for during this process?

Thanks in advance!

2. Changing Admin Password

3. Replacing a Exchange 5.5 server

4. OWA was unable to get your inbox.

5. Replace my Exchange 5.5 server

6. MAIL ADMIN PROBLEM

7. !!Help New Back Office Server to Replace Existing Exchange 5.5

8. Display name in to box

9. Replacing lone Exchange 5.5 server

10. Replacing an organizations 1st Exchange 5.5 server

11. Replacing old exchange 5.5 server

12. I want to replace the PC running our Exchange 5.5 and NT server

13. Replacing existing Exchange 5.5 server