Forms for Exchange

Post by cheers » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

     Hi there.  We need to have somekind of forms for the users for
things like leave slips, schedule changes, etc.  I understand that Forms
Designer can be used for this.  We're running Exchange5.5 with Exchange
Client 4.0 for Win95.  Can the Forms Designer be used with the Exchange
Client, or must it use the Outlook client?  Thanks for any help you may
have.  Thanks

Ben

Forms for Exchange

Post by cheers » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Great thanks.  When I don't have the Outlook Web Server installed, where
should I place the forms files?  Exactly how does Exchange need these files
to be used for the Clients?  I'm sorry, I'm not really sure how the forms
work for Exchange....thanks for all of you help.  I really appreciate it.

Ben

> Both Exchange client and Outlook can use forms designed by their related
> utility, meaning use the Outlook forms designer for Outlook, and the
> Exchange client forms designer for Exchange client.
> --
> Andrew Willy

> >     Hi there.  We need to have somekind of forms for the users for
> >things like leave slips, schedule changes, etc.  I understand that Forms
> >Designer can be used for this.  We're running Exchange5.5 with Exchange
> >Client 4.0 for Win95.  Can the Forms Designer be used with the Exchange
> >Client, or must it use the Outlook client?  Thanks for any help you may
> >have.  Thanks

> >Ben

Forms for Exchange

Post by cheers » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Great thanks.  When I don't have the Outlook Web Server installed, where
should I place the forms files?  Exactly how does Exchange need these files
to be used for the Clients?  I'm sorry, I'm not really sure how the forms
work for Exchange....thanks for all of you help.  I really appreciate it.

Ben

> Both Exchange client and Outlook can use forms designed by their related
> utility, meaning use the Outlook forms designer for Outlook, and the
> Exchange client forms designer for Exchange client.
> --
> Andrew Willy

> >     Hi there.  We need to have somekind of forms for the users for
> >things like leave slips, schedule changes, etc.  I understand that Forms
> >Designer can be used for this.  We're running Exchange5.5 with Exchange
> >Client 4.0 for Win95.  Can the Forms Designer be used with the Exchange
> >Client, or must it use the Outlook client?  Thanks for any help you may
> >have.  Thanks

> >Ben

Forms for Exchange

Post by cheers » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Great thanks.  When I don't have the Outlook Web Server installed, where
should I place the forms files?  Exactly how does Exchange need these files
to be used for the Clients?  I'm sorry, I'm not really sure how the forms
work for Exchange....thanks for all of you help.  I really appreciate it.

Ben

> Both Exchange client and Outlook can use forms designed by their related
> utility, meaning use the Outlook forms designer for Outlook, and the
> Exchange client forms designer for Exchange client.
> --
> Andrew Willy

> >     Hi there.  We need to have somekind of forms for the users for
> >things like leave slips, schedule changes, etc.  I understand that Forms
> >Designer can be used for this.  We're running Exchange5.5 with Exchange
> >Client 4.0 for Win95.  Can the Forms Designer be used with the Exchange
> >Client, or must it use the Outlook client?  Thanks for any help you may
> >have.  Thanks

> >Ben

Forms for Exchange

Post by Andrew Will » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Both Exchange client and Outlook can use forms designed by their related
utility, meaning use the Outlook forms designer for Outlook, and the
Exchange client forms designer for Exchange client.
--
Andrew Willy

>     Hi there.  We need to have somekind of forms for the users for
>things like leave slips, schedule changes, etc.  I understand that Forms
>Designer can be used for this.  We're running Exchange5.5 with Exchange
>Client 4.0 for Win95.  Can the Forms Designer be used with the Exchange
>Client, or must it use the Outlook client?  Thanks for any help you may
>have.  Thanks

>Ben

Forms for Exchange

Post by Andrew Will » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Comments in the text:

>Great thanks.  When I don't have the Outlook Web Server installed, where
>should I place the forms files?

Maybe I misunderstood your original question.  OWA has little to do with
custom forms for Exchange server.

Quote:> Exactly how does Exchange need these files to be used for the Clients?

The clients will need access to the forms in order to use them.  A common
way to accomplish this is to publish them in a public folder where it can be
accessed by those needing the form.

Quote:>I'm sorry, I'm not really sure how the forms work for Exchange....thanks

for all >of you help.  I really appreciate it.

The forms provide a way to obtain and display information you desire.  You
create the custom input form that a user can fill out.  Then you create the
manner in which the data collected will be displayed.

--
Andrew Willy

>> Both Exchange client and Outlook can use forms designed by their related
>> utility, meaning use the Outlook forms designer for Outlook, and the
>> Exchange client forms designer for Exchange client.
>> --
>> Andrew Willy

>> >     Hi there.  We need to have somekind of forms for the users for
>> >things like leave slips, schedule changes, etc.  I understand that Forms
>> >Designer can be used for this.  We're running Exchange5.5 with Exchange
>> >Client 4.0 for Win95.  Can the Forms Designer be used with the Exchange
>> >Client, or must it use the Outlook client?  Thanks for any help you may
>> >have.  Thanks

>> >Ben

Forms for Exchange

Post by Chris Schar » Wed, 03 Mar 1999 04:00:00

If you're running the Exchange Client, you'll want to use The
Electronic Forms Designer (EFD), the Outlook client has in integrated
forms designer, some of the forms designed in OL97, 98 or 2K will not
be compatible with the exchange client.

Quote:>     Hi there.  We need to have somekind of forms for the users for
>things like leave slips, schedule changes, etc.  I understand that Forms
>Designer can be used for this.  We're running Exchange5.5 with Exchange
>Client 4.0 for Win95.  Can the Forms Designer be used with the Exchange
>Client, or must it use the Outlook client?  Thanks for any help you may
>have.  Thanks

>Ben

Chris Scharff
Exchange Administrator
BV Solutions Group

#include std_disclaim.h

Forms for Exchange

Post by cheers » Thu, 04 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Thanks.....  When setting up these forms, where should I place these files
for the client and server to find them?  I download EFD about two months
ago.  I've been able to make the forms, but the program asks me for the path
of the Exchange Web Server.  Of course if we don't have that, where should I
place them for Exchange to use?

Thanks for all of the help that you have given me so far:)

ben

> If you're running the Exchange Client, you'll want to use The
> Electronic Forms Designer (EFD), the Outlook client has in integrated
> forms designer, some of the forms designed in OL97, 98 or 2K will not
> be compatible with the exchange client.

> >     Hi there.  We need to have somekind of forms for the users for
> >things like leave slips, schedule changes, etc.  I understand that Forms
> >Designer can be used for this.  We're running Exchange5.5 with Exchange
> >Client 4.0 for Win95.  Can the Forms Designer be used with the Exchange
> >Client, or must it use the Outlook client?  Thanks for any help you may
> >have.  Thanks

> >Ben

> Chris Scharff
> Exchange Administrator
> BV Solutions Group

> #include std_disclaim.h

1. outlook forms and exchange 2000 forms

I have an existing Exchange 5.5 application which uses
Outlook forms.  I have been able to get the application to
work on Exchange 2000 using the outlook forms, but I would
like to go one step further and make the data available
via OWA on exchange 2000.

From what I have read (Mindy Martin's book) I can get at
data stored by Exchange 2000 forms into Public folders
from Outlook (via an ADO query and some other techniques),
but I am interested in the other way around.  I have
outlook forms/data in Public Folders and I would like to
be able to render the existing Outlook data into an OWA
form. Can this be done?  If so, how do I bind to the data
fields?  Also, how do I tell the existing Outlook items to
use the correct OWA form (I have tried the
DAV:contentclass field with no apparent luck)?  Are there
any consequences to having an OWA form and an outlook form
reading/modifying the same bit of data?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.
Steve Balthazor

2. Exchange Site Crashed

3. installing designed Exchange forms on Exchange Clients

4. DNS Stuff to Remember on E2K Install

5. Migrating Exchange 5.5 forms to Exchange 2000

6. Howto: Create INFO distribution list in Exc2K

7. Can't publish form to Exchange Server

8. newsgroup question

9. Web Forms for Exchange 2000 and WSS

10. Installing .efp forms on Exchange System

11. MF - Outlook forms designer / Exchange client

12. Automated (rules based) forms for Exchange Server / Outlook 97

13. Sending a custom form from Exchange server agent?