Email messages not being delivered to public folders

Email messages not being delivered to public folders

Post by Mike Schinke » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

For some reason, I am getting email messages bouncing back when people try
to email to an address in one of my Public Folders on my Exchange 5.5
server.  Sometimes they go through and sometimes not.  Any idea why this
might be happening?

-Mike

Email messages not being delivered to public folders

Post by Hunter Colema » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

What are the permissions on the folder? Could it be set up so that some
users have Contributor or higher Roles, while others do not? What do the
bounced messages say?

Hunter

Quote:> For some reason, I am getting email messages bouncing back when people try
> to email to an address in one of my Public Folders on my Exchange 5.5
> server.  Sometimes they go through and sometimes not.  Any idea why this
> might be happening?

> -Mike

Email messages not being delivered to public folders

Post by Mike Schinke » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I figured it out. The routing for the Internet mail connector had to be set
up for each of our domains, in case anyone else has this problem.

-Mike Schinkel

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>For some reason, I am getting email messages bouncing back when people try
>to email to an address in one of my Public Folders on my Exchange 5.5
>server.  Sometimes they go through and sometimes not.  Any idea why this
>might be happening?

Make sure the "Anonymous" recipient has the role of "Contributor" on
the PF.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

1. Internet Email not delivering to Public Folder

I have an Exchange 2000 environment in which I have configured a
number of Public Folders.  I have one that I want to receive listserv
emails.  I can email the public folder internally and it receives the
mail but when done from my yahoo account and another external account
it is not delivered and a NDR is generated.  Where have I gone wrong
in the setup??

2. Exchange client canot authenticate through Firewall

3. email sent to public folder not delivered

4. New Mail Notification but no new mail!

5. Mail will not deliver to Public Folders

6. Problem setting up internet mail services with exchange 5.5

7. Exchange 2000: delivering SMTP messages to public folder

8. Administering Exchange

9. Message from internet to public folder shows up as Post not message

10. I am not receiving email

11. I am not able to reply to external emails

12. I am an owner, but I cannot modify an item in the public folder

13. Dist List/Public Folder Q, I am stumped