exchange 5.5 does not sent replies about undelivered messages

exchange 5.5 does not sent replies about undelivered messages

Post by adoupa » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I  have exchange 5.5 as a mail axchange for my domain, xanthi.ilsp.gr
When i sent mail to a user that does not exist from outside
my domain i do not receive a reply about message being undelivered.
However when i sent it from a user inside the domain i get a reply.
Is this a security feature;;;;
How can i enable replies;

exchange 5.5 does not sent replies about undelivered messages

Do you use any kind of POP3 connector?

--
Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
Say YES to AMD at

Thanks.

Kirill S. Palagin

exchange 5.5 does not sent replies about undelivered messages

Post by adoupa » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

No

> Do you use any kind of POP3 connector?

> > I  have exchange 5.5 as a mail axchange for my domain, xanthi.ilsp.gr
> > When i sent mail to a user that does not exist from outside
> > my domain i do not receive a reply about message being undelivered.
> > However when i sent it from a user inside the domain i get a reply.
> > Is this a security feature;;;;
> > How can i enable replies;

> --
> Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
> Say YES to AMD at
> http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi-bin/cgi12.cgi?petition_id=34
> Demand investigation from FTC
> http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/contact/newcase.htm
> If you have any information on this send it here

> Thanks.

> Kirill S. Palagin

exchange 5.5 does not sent replies about undelivered messages

Do you have any firewalls, relay servers before Exchange server?

--
Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
Say YES to AMD at
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi-bin/cgi12.cgi?petition_id=34
Demand investigation from FTC
http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/contact/newcase.htm
If you have any information on this send it here

Thanks.

Kirill S. Palagin

exchange 5.5 does not sent replies about undelivered messages

Post by adoupa » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

It works now!!!!
I just changed the timeouts for the message queues service.
Using the defaults did not give me any replies at all (not even after a
week or more).
Thank's a lot anyway.

> Do you have any firewalls, relay servers before Exchange server?

> > No

> > > Do you use any kind of POP3 connector?

> > > --
> > > Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
> > > Say YES to AMD at
> > > http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi-bin/cgi12.cgi?petition_id=34
> > > Demand investigation from FTC
> > > http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/contact/newcase.htm
> > > If you have any information on this send it here

> > > Thanks.

> > > Kirill S. Palagin

> --
> Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
> Say YES to AMD at
> http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi-bin/cgi12.cgi?petition_id=34
> Demand investigation from FTC
> http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/contact/newcase.htm
> If you have any information on this send it here

> Thanks.

> Kirill S. Palagin

exchange 5.5 does not sent replies about undelivered messages

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> It works now!!!!
> I just changed the timeouts for the message queues service.

Tell us what timeouts you changed.

Quote:> <snip>

--
Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
Say YES to AMD at
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi-bin/cgi12.cgi?petition_id=34
Demand investigation from FTC
http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/contact/newcase.htm
If you have any information on this send it here

Thanks.

Kirill S. Palagin

exchange 5.5 does not sent replies about undelivered messages

Post by adoupa » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

From the internet mail service connections --> service message queues
timeouts -->
notify sender for queued mail.
 I changed the default values to 1 hour for each category
The defaults were 4 hours for urgent mail 12 hourd for normal and 24 for non
urgent.

> > It works now!!!!
> > I just changed the timeouts for the message queues service.

> Tell us what timeouts you changed.

> > <snip>

> --
> Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
> Say YES to AMD at
> http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi-bin/cgi12.cgi?petition_id=34
> Demand investigation from FTC
> http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/contact/newcase.htm
> If you have any information on this send it here

> Thanks.

> Kirill S. Palagin

exchange 5.5 does not sent replies about undelivered messages

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 11 Nov 1999 04:00:00

This is something completely different and _should_ not affect geneartion of
NDR.
Those timeouts are for outgoing messages.

--
Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
Say YES to AMD at
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi-bin/cgi12.cgi?petition_id=34
Demand investigation from FTC
http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/contact/newcase.htm
If you have any information on this send it here

Thanks.

Kirill S. Palagin

exchange 5.5 does not sent replies about undelivered messages

Post by adoupa » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00

You are right!!!
The point is that i don't remember what made it work and what
was making it unfunctional!?!?
Do you have a clue?
Where do you scecify whether it should send replies or not?
I only fount an option about notifying the administrator for NDRs.
Excuse my ignorance :-)

> This is something completely different and _should_ not affect geneartion
of
> NDR.
> Those timeouts are for outgoing messages.

> > From the internet mail service connections --> service message queues
> > timeouts -->
> > notify sender for queued mail.
> >  I changed the default values to 1 hour for each category
> > The defaults were 4 hours for urgent mail 12 hourd for normal and 24 for
non
> > urgent.

in

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Fri, 12 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> You are right!!!
> The point is that i don't remember what made it work and what
> was making it unfunctional!?!?
> Do you have a clue?

Nop.

Quote:

> Where do you scecify whether it should send replies or not?

In fact a lot of people would LOVE to know how to supress NDRs.
Common opinion (shared by everybody who contributes here often) seems to be that

"NDR will be generated regardless".

Quote:

> I only fount an option about notifying the administrator for NDRs.
> Excuse my ignorance :-)

Learn.

Quote:> <snip>

--
Intel is trying to spoil AMD by pressuring motherboard makers.
Say YES to AMD at
http://www.petitionpetition.com/cgi-bin/cgi12.cgi?petition_id=34
Demand investigation from FTC
http://www.usdoj.gov/atr/contact/newcase.htm
If you have any information on this send it here

Thanks.

Kirill S. Palagin

1. Where Exchange 5.5 stores undelivered messages?

Hi,
I have my Exchange 5.5 configured to exchange only Internet mail. I'm having
troubles with my hardware so I want to know which messages are undelivered
both outgoing and ingoing. Where I should look? Is it enought to look at
\exchsrvr\imcdata subdirectories or is it only a temp store?
Suppose my server is unplugged from the net, so I expect some "stationary"
behaviour.

Thanks in advance
   Faustino

---

2. Working with Exchange 4.0 Sample Apps.

3. Undelivered messages using both Exchange 5.5 and MSMail

4. Event 290

5. Where Exchange 5.5 stores undelivered messages?

6. Requesting data from Microsoft Exchange Server (re-repost)

7. Exchange not sending Out of office replies or Reply templates

8. Default file location set to a Public folder?

9. How to batch send again undelivered messages ?

10. Client wants reply from server if message is not sent

11. Exchange 5.5, All new account creations can not send messages to the internet

12. Exchange 5.5 not sending external messages

13. Message to Exchange 5.5 distribution list will not send