missing mailbox adressbookview update

Post by Dawn » Sun, 26 May 2002 23:50:12

Help. While updating Eschange 5.5 address book views I
lost a mailbox.  The address book view resembled this:

Hospital locator (sorted by company field)
    Department (sorted by None)(The user existed at this
level)

The address book view had one user in it.  So I removed
the company name from the user's mailbox.  Thinking the
recipient would then disappear so I could delete the
address book view.  Since I removed the company name from
the mailbox, I can't locate it anywere.  I didn't receive
a message asking if I wanted to delete it.  I think it is
still there hidden.  I've checked the view hidden
recipient, searched on different field (name, phone,
alias). I found this technet article Q304375 Outlook users
cannot log on in certain address book view configurations.
I think when I removed the company name and changed it to
none it doesn't have an identifier so it doesn't know
where to appear in the GAL. Help...I don't know how to
make it reappear in the GAL.  Thanks

missing mailbox adressbookview update

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Mon, 27 May 2002 09:51:21

Using Exchange Administrator, have you tried looking in the recipients
container of the appropriate server and selecting to view hidden objects?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

Quote:> Help. While updating Eschange 5.5 address book views I
> lost a mailbox.  The address book view resembled this:

> Hospital locator (sorted by company field)
>     Department (sorted by None)(The user existed at this
> level)

> The address book view had one user in it.  So I removed
> the company name from the user's mailbox.  Thinking the
> recipient would then disappear so I could delete the
> address book view.  Since I removed the company name from
> the mailbox, I can't locate it anywere.  I didn't receive
> a message asking if I wanted to delete it.  I think it is
> still there hidden.  I've checked the view hidden
> recipient, searched on different field (name, phone,
> alias). I found this technet article Q304375 Outlook users
> cannot log on in certain address book view configurations.
> I think when I removed the company name and changed it to
> none it doesn't have an identifier so it doesn't know
> where to appear in the GAL. Help...I don't know how to
> make it reappear in the GAL.  Thanks

missing mailbox adressbookview update

Post by DAWN » Tue, 28 May 2002 07:13:54

Yes.  They weren't there.  Can the mailbox be deleted
through the address book view using the exchang
administrator?

Post by DAWN » Tue, 28 May 2002 07:13:48

Yes.  They weren't there.  Can the mailbox be deleted
through the address book view using the exchang
administrator?

Post by Ed Crowley [MVP » Tue, 28 May 2002 12:59:46

It should not happen the way you describe it, no.  Therefore I question
whether things happened the way you described.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange
Compaq Computer, part of the New HP

> Yes.  They weren't there.  Can the mailbox be deleted
> through the address book view using the exchang
> administrator?

1. Adressbookview again!!!

OK Im a real pain, I know! But seriously - not even 16 hours after I post
the message, my message and all replies are cleaned off my server!!! Im
going nuts! So please all you kind folks who replied, can you please e-mail

Heres a copy of my posting from yesterday:

Hi!

I know Ive posted this question before, but it was just around xmas time
and I didnt catch possible responses so please forgive me...

When you open the adress book from within outlook98 to adress a mail, you
see a lot of unneccessary entrys in the "show adresses from" drop-down menu.
I just want the Global adresslist, outlook adress booka and personal adress
book to show up there. Now you can see the whole hierarchy: o, ou and
recipients.

Any ideas on how to fix this? Were running Exchange server 5 sp2 on NT4.

Thanx!
/Orjan.

2. How do we Move Exchange 5.5 from DomainA to DomainB?

3. Anonymous Postings

4. Error -2141913028 in ADO

5. Emails from Outlook 97 to AOL create a download file in AOL.

6. Recipient update service selecting missing domain controller

7. Recipient Update Service selecting missing domain controller

8. BackUpExec Mailbox missing, no mailbox restore