Multiple POP Mail Collection Via Exchange 2000

Multiple POP Mail Collection Via Exchange 2000

Post by Nigel Draycot » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 17:26:18

We are thinking about installing Exchange 2000 to do the following, is
anyone able to confim if this is possible

Retreive separate users pop mail accounts via Exchange 2000

hosted by ourt hosting provider, we'd like these account to be
collected by Exchange 2000 plus leave a copy of the message on the
hosting server.

Limit inbound collection to only 1 thread at a time
We have a very slow link to the net and we'd like to ensure that it
does not get bogged down sending heaps of messages at the same time.

Limit outbound SMTP sending to only 1 thread at a time
Like above, we'd like to ensure the net connection is not bogged down
with sending multiple mail threads

We know that MDaemon by Deerfield will do this as we've tested it out,
however we'd prefer to use Exchange 2000 as we own a registered copy

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Nigel

Multiple POP Mail Collection Via Exchange 2000

Post by frit » Wed, 13 Jun 2001 09:20:31

Nigel,
you can't do this without a 3rd party POP3 gateway.
you may want to have a look at http://www.pytheas.com/pmgen.htm . this
gateway takes care of inbound and outbound mail, does one thread at a time.
It also can leave messages on the server, while doing the housekeeping by
clearing messages after a specified amount of time.
regards,
fritz

> We are thinking about installing Exchange 2000 to do the following, is
> anyone able to confim if this is possible

> Retreive separate users pop mail accounts via Exchange 2000

> hosted by ourt hosting provider, we'd like these account to be
> collected by Exchange 2000 plus leave a copy of the message on the
> hosting server.

> Limit inbound collection to only 1 thread at a time
> We have a very slow link to the net and we'd like to ensure that it
> does not get bogged down sending heaps of messages at the same time.

> Limit outbound SMTP sending to only 1 thread at a time
> Like above, we'd like to ensure the net connection is not bogged down
> with sending multiple mail threads

> We know that MDaemon by Deerfield will do this as we've tested it out,
> however we'd prefer to use Exchange 2000 as we own a registered copy

> Any help would be great.

> Thanks

> Nigel

Multiple POP Mail Collection Via Exchange 2000

Post by Nigel Draycot » Wed, 13 Jun 2001 17:08:20

Thanks Fritz

> Nigel,
> you can't do this without a 3rd party POP3 gateway.
> you may want to have a look at http://www.pytheas.com/pmgen.htm . this
> gateway takes care of inbound and outbound mail, does one thread at a
time.
> It also can leave messages on the server, while doing the housekeeping by
> clearing messages after a specified amount of time.
> regards,
> fritz

> > We are thinking about installing Exchange 2000 to do the following, is
> > anyone able to confim if this is possible

> > Retreive separate users pop mail accounts via Exchange 2000

> > hosted by ourt hosting provider, we'd like these account to be
> > collected by Exchange 2000 plus leave a copy of the message on the
> > hosting server.

> > Limit inbound collection to only 1 thread at a time
> > We have a very slow link to the net and we'd like to ensure that it
> > does not get bogged down sending heaps of messages at the same time.

> > Limit outbound SMTP sending to only 1 thread at a time
> > Like above, we'd like to ensure the net connection is not bogged down
> > with sending multiple mail threads

> > We know that MDaemon by Deerfield will do this as we've tested it out,
> > however we'd prefer to use Exchange 2000 as we own a registered copy

> > Any help would be great.

> > Thanks

> > Nigel

Multiple POP Mail Collection Via Exchange 2000

Post by Rick Moor » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 00:08:49

We use Exchange POP3 to unload a company-wide POP account.  It can also be
used to unload multiple accounts.  Passes this on to Echange whivch does the
rest.  Works great and thier support is very good.  Cost about $350 or so
for 25 users.  See

    www.exchangepop3.com for details.

> We are thinking about installing Exchange 2000 to do the following, is
> anyone able to confim if this is possible

> Retreive separate users pop mail accounts via Exchange 2000

> hosted by ourt hosting provider, we'd like these account to be
> collected by Exchange 2000 plus leave a copy of the message on the
> hosting server.

> Limit inbound collection to only 1 thread at a time
> We have a very slow link to the net and we'd like to ensure that it
> does not get bogged down sending heaps of messages at the same time.

> Limit outbound SMTP sending to only 1 thread at a time
> Like above, we'd like to ensure the net connection is not bogged down
> with sending multiple mail threads

> We know that MDaemon by Deerfield will do this as we've tested it out,
> however we'd prefer to use Exchange 2000 as we own a registered copy

> Any help would be great.

> Thanks

> Nigel

1. Multiple POP Mail Collection Via Exchange 2000

[...]

2. Can't Log On to the Information Store

3. Providing Permissions Access To Resources Within Exchange 55 Using The Outlook 98/97 Interface

4. Multiple POP mail collection for other ISP's

5. Site to Site Migration

6. Pop Collection Failure From Exchange 2000

7. email problem

8. POP Mail Collection from a Group Mailbox???