Alternative web interface (OWA) for Exchange 2000

Alternative web interface (OWA) for Exchange 2000

Post by Rui Sou » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:57:33

Hi ppl,

we have recently upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server to Exchange 2000.
The new web interface is really cool but some folks complain it is too
slow over a dial-up connection. Is there a way to keep the old web
interface? Or, even better, to use both?

Regards
Rui Sousa

Alternative web interface (OWA) for Exchange 2000

Post by MVP » Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:24:07

You could run the 5.5 OWA on a separate IIS server...

--
Susan VanAllen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Quote:> Hi ppl,

> we have recently upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server to Exchange 2000.
> The new web interface is really cool but some folks complain it is too
> slow over a dial-up connection. Is there a way to keep the old web
> interface? Or, even better, to use both?

> Regards
> Rui Sousa

Alternative web interface (OWA) for Exchange 2000

Post by Lanwenc » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 03:25:36

Are you using SSL? Unless you have an accelerator, that can be slow. If not,
have you truly observed this yourself, or are you relying solely on user
complaints? (the latter being notoriously unreliable, in my experience).

I would never want to go back to the old 5.5 OWA, myself - it's so limited
in comparison to what 2k can do.

Quote:> Hi ppl,

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Thu, 20 Jun 2002 09:33:34

>we have recently upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server to Exchange 2000.
>The new web interface is really cool but some folks complain it is too
>slow over a dial-up connection. Is there a way to keep the old web
>interface? Or, even better, to use both?

Use a "down-level" browser. If the browser doesn't understand DHTML
you'll get the old, static, pages.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. alternative OWA interface.

Hi,

Does anyone know of an alternative interface to owa 5.5. I need
something that's based on the core cdo stuff etc.. but more user
friendly and feature rich.

Maybe it could look like this:
http://www.stedy.com/widgets/weboutlook/weboutlook.htm

thanks

Ben
http://undergroundhouse.net

2. OWA login problems.

3. how i open OWA 2000 in IE60 with OWA 5.5 interface

4. Team Folders in Outlook 2K and web access

5. OWA 2000 no graphical interface

6. Counters

7. Exchange 2000 interface with Windows 2000 Server

8. Creating Folders and Folder Entries

9. Double mailbox is forbidden in Exchange 2000: What is the alternative

10. Exchange Newsgroups Web Interface

11. Subscribe to an Exchange mailing list by Anon users using Web interface

12. web interface for creating exchange mailbox ??