OWA broken - 503 Service Unavailable error

OWA broken - 503 Service Unavailable error

Post by Bill Hobso » Wed, 25 Apr 2001 05:41:46

I have installed an E2K server into a large Exchange Organization. This is
the second E2K server to be installed. Neither server will allow logins to
OWA, rejecting them with the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" message. I
can't find anything in Technet that lends a clue as to why we might be
getting this error. I suspect it has to do with Active Directory, but I am
not sure. Has anyone run into this error?

OWA broken - 503 Service Unavailable error

Post by Ron Spadafora - MV » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 06:56:04

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:41:46 -0500, "Bill Hobson"

>I have installed an E2K server into a large Exchange Organization. This is
>the second E2K server to be installed. Neither server will allow logins to
>OWA, rejecting them with the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" message. I
>can't find anything in Technet that lends a clue as to why we might be
>getting this error. I suspect it has to do with Active Directory, but I am
>not sure. Has anyone run into this error?

Any help from this KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q282/2/30.ASP XGEN:
Error Message "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable" on Multiple Web Sites
on Single Server?

MS Exchange FAQs at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm

OWA broken - 503 Service Unavailable error

Post by Bill Hobso » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 05:55:13

It seems to be related to a problem with the Recipient Policies created by
default. We are working with Microsoft to try to resolve those issues (see