Exchange Server 2.2

Post by Dana » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:22:16

I realize that this group is dedicated to 5.5, but I am
hoping someone might be able to help.  I have Exchange
Server 2.2 (I know I know OUTDATED!) and would like to
know how to create a public address book (if that's what
is needed) so clients can add the junk email senders'
names to it  so I can block them before they come in thru
Exchange.  Is this even a possibiblity in 2.2?

Thanks.

Dana

Exchange Server 2.2

Post by Susa » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:39:00

I didn't even know there was a 2.2...are you sure? 4.0 was the first version
I was aware of...in any case, the only way to block email before it gets to
Exchange is to put in a gateway or edge server and block the addresses
there...

Quote:> I realize that this group is dedicated to 5.5, but I am
> hoping someone might be able to help.  I have Exchange
> Server 2.2 (I know I know OUTDATED!) and would like to
> know how to create a public address book (if that's what
> is needed) so clients can add the junk email senders'
> names to it  so I can block them before they come in thru
> Exchange.  Is this even a possibiblity in 2.2?

> Thanks.

> Dana

Exchange Server 2.2

Post by <anonym.. » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:50:26

May I say how incredibly stupid I feel right now?  It is
version 5.5.  Sorry.  I know that I can go into the admin
and refuse email from people, but the only "people" that
come up to select from are from our global address book
(which is listing of employees only).

Thanks.

Dana

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I didn't even know there was a 2.2...are you sure? 4.0

was the first version
Quote:>I was aware of...in any case, the only way to block

email before it gets to
>Exchange is to put in a gateway or edge server and block
the addresses
>there...

message

>> I realize that this group is dedicated to 5.5, but I am
>> hoping someone might be able to help.  I have Exchange
>> Server 2.2 (I know I know OUTDATED!) and would like to
>> know how to create a public address book (if that's
what
>> is needed) so clients can add the junk email senders'
>> names to it  so I can block them before they come in
thru
>> Exchange.  Is this even a possibiblity in 2.2?

>> Thanks.

>> Dana

>.

Exchange Server 2.2

Post by Michael Barta [MSFT » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:58:36

I'm with Susan on this one. Are you sure that you have 2.2?

Go to Help and About and tell us what you have there.

Michael Barta [MSFT]
Microsoft Exchange Support

newsgroup purposes only.

> I didn't even know there was a 2.2...are you sure? 4.0 was the first
version
> I was aware of...in any case, the only way to block email before it gets
> Exchange is to put in a gateway or edge server and block the addresses
> there...

> > I realize that this group is dedicated to 5.5, but I am
> > hoping someone might be able to help.  I have Exchange
> > Server 2.2 (I know I know OUTDATED!) and would like to
> > know how to create a public address book (if that's what
> > is needed) so clients can add the junk email senders'
> > names to it  so I can block them before they come in thru
> > Exchange.  Is this even a possibiblity in 2.2?

> > Thanks.

> > Dana

Exchange Server 2.2

Post by Susa » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 02:05:40

you need to do this in the properties of the IMS - click on the Message
Filtering button and add the addresses there...

> May I say how incredibly stupid I feel right now?  It is
> version 5.5.  Sorry.  I know that I can go into the admin
> and refuse email from people, but the only "people" that
> come up to select from are from our global address book
> (which is listing of employees only).

> Thanks.

> Dana

Exchange Server 2.2

Post by <anonym.. » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 03:43:27

Susan:

Are you saying that I go to my server, into Exchange
server then to Recipients and filter there?  I don't see
an option to do that.  Again, feeling pretty darn
stupid.  People like me must make people like you feel
like the smartest people in the world!  Sometimes I am
embarrassed to post my questions, seeing how fast and
accurate the answers are that come back (not being
sarcastic either). I wonder why I don't already know some
of this stuff! :(  Thanks again for your (anticipated)
help.

Dana

Exchange Server 2.2

Post by Susa » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 04:09:14

you have to go into the properties of your Internet Mail Service...then go
to the "Connections" tab, and there is a button called "Message
filtering"...