Optional Attendees in Calendar meetings

Post by Roan » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Thank you all in advance.

We have a new Exch 5.5 sp 3 server with Outlook 2000 clients.
We used to use ON Tech's Meeting Maker server for calendaring where users
could "cc:" others when scheduling meetings to let them know via a message
about it without inviting them to the meeting.
Outlook and Exchange will allow users to invite others as "optional"
attendees but, is there a way to simply send a "copy" of the meeting
info/invitation or an email without creatinga separate message?

Cheers

Optional Attendees in Calendar meetings

Post by Arlo Clize » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 04:00:00

This is a GREAT question. If anyone has any information I would love to hear
an answer as well. I'm surprised the cc: doesn't appear on the meeting
invitation form actually...

-Arlo

Quote:> Thank you all in advance.

> We have a new Exch 5.5 sp 3 server with Outlook 2000 clients.
> We used to use ON Tech's Meeting Maker server for calendaring where users
> could "cc:" others when scheduling meetings to let them know via a message
> about it without inviting them to the meeting.
> Outlook and Exchange will allow users to invite others as "optional"
> attendees but, is there a way to simply send a "copy" of the meeting
> info/invitation or an email without creatinga separate message?

> Cheers

1. Message Class for meeting attendees

I create an meeting request with the following code.  I
want to specify a custom form for the Appointment.  So I
set the message class on the Appointment object.

Upon checking results using Outlook 2000, the meeting
requestor pulls up the custom form ok.  Attendees pull up
the standard Appointment form.  How can I get the custom
form to show up for attendees too.

Thanks!

Code:

' Create Configuration object
        Set cnfg =Server.CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

        ' Create appointmnet object
        set appt = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Appointment")

        with cnfg
                .Fields(cdoTimeZoneIDURN) = cdoUTC
                .Fields.Update
        end with

       If attendees <> "" Then
        with cnfg
        'set meeting requestor
        .Fields(cdoSendEmailAddress) = email
        .Fields(cdoSendUsingMethod) = cdoSendUsingExchange
        .Fields.Update
        end with

        ' add any required folks
          appt.Attendees.Add attendees
        End If

        with appt
          .Configuration = cnfg
          ' Set CUSTOM MESSAGE CLASS
          .Fields
("http://schemas.microsoft.com/exchange/outlookmessageclass
") = "IPM.Appointment.IWS"
                .Fields.Update
                .StartTime = startTime
                .EndTime = endTime
                .Location = location
                .Subject = subject
                .textBody = descript
        end with

        'If meeting -- send out meeting requests
        If attendees <> "" Then
                set calMsg = appt.CreateRequest
                set calMsg.Configuration = cnfg
                calMsg.Message.Send
        End If

        ' save to requestors calendar
        appt.dataSource.SaveToContainer(mailBoxUrl)

        ' clean up
                set cnfg = Nothing
                set appt = Nothing
                set calMsg = Nothing

2. Using Exchnge with Access 2000

3. I need to know How Could I to configure a Make Meeting and control the attendee

4. Exchange2000 Setup, basic question, where am i going wrong?

5. Permissions blocking Meeting Request Attendee Availability

6. exchange 5.5 custom recipient distribution list

7. No information for some meeting attendees

8. No internet mail with rule turned on...

9. Delegate with send as permission - attendees can't open meeting requests

10. Adding attendees to meetings causes computers to hang.

11. Cant send meeting request to new attendees only

12. Booking Meeting - Available attendees shedules

13. Meeting Request - Attendee Availability