Key Management Server (KMS)/Certifcate Server (CS)

Key Management Server (KMS)/Certifcate Server (CS)

Post by Devonport Management L » Wed, 02 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I have configured KMS to issue V3 only certificates to my recipients.
These are issued ok and can be used within the site of issue fine.  If
however I try to send to a recipient who has security enabled who is
part of another site the client receives an error advising that the
recipeint cannot accept encrypted mail.

On our live system which has KMS installed but no links to CS this is
not a problem.  Obviously these are V1 certificates.

Is this how it is meant to be or have I done something wrong?

(I can use the contact setup thing between sites but I don't really
want to have to do this within our own organisation)

many thanks in advance

Jacqui Hurst

Key Management Server (KMS)/Certifcate Server (CS)

Post by Devonport Management L » Wed, 02 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Sorry to be a pain but I think I've now found the answer to this one.
Obviously posting this just makes me think harder :-)

Quote:>I have configured KMS to issue V3 only certificates to my recipients.
>These are issued ok and can be used within the site of issue fine.  If
>however I try to send to a recipient who has security enabled who is
>part of another site the client receives an error advising that the
>recipeint cannot accept encrypted mail.

>On our live system which has KMS installed but no links to CS this is
>not a problem.  Obviously these are V1 certificates.

>Is this how it is meant to be or have I done something wrong?

>(I can use the contact setup thing between sites but I don't really
>want to have to do this within our own organisation)

>many thanks in advance

>Jacqui Hurst

Key Management Server (KMS)/Certifcate Server (CS)

Post by Amiri Jone » Wed, 02 Aug 2000 04:00:00

    So what was the problem?  Do enlighten us, please....  :)

> Sorry to be a pain but I think I've now found the answer to this one.
> Obviously posting this just makes me think harder :-)

> >I have configured KMS to issue V3 only certificates to my recipients.
> >These are issued ok and can be used within the site of issue fine.  If
> >however I try to send to a recipient who has security enabled who is
> >part of another site the client receives an error advising that the
> >recipeint cannot accept encrypted mail.

> >On our live system which has KMS installed but no links to CS this is
> >not a problem.  Obviously these are V1 certificates.

> >Is this how it is meant to be or have I done something wrong?

> >(I can use the contact setup thing between sites but I don't really
> >want to have to do this within our own organisation)

> >many thanks in advance

> >Jacqui Hurst

1. KMS (Key Management Server) installation problems

Hello,
    I am trying to add KMS to my existing Exchange server, but I get an
error every time I try to do the installation.  I get to the point where it
asks me for my Exchange service password and it issues me the password that
I can put on disk if I need to, but then when it goes to copy files off of
the CD it looks like it just about gets finished when I get the error
DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_USER_RIGHTS.  I am logged in as Administrator, but it
doesn't matter.  If anyone has any clue as to why I get this error, help
would be appreciated.

--Thank you very much,

--Marty Peterson

2. Multiple MBX entries

3. Offline folders on removeable media?

4. Test Box

5. 1 * lfFvuQXYi-KMS (Key Management Server) installation problems

6. Mail could not delivered from the outbox

7. Key Management Server, Certificate Server and the Exchange Server Policy module

8. Key Management Server, Certificate Server and Outlook Express

9. Exchange Server 5.0 Key Management Server

10. Microsoft Exchange Key Management Server Question?

11. Removing Key Management Server