9GB drives and MS Exchange Optimizer

Post by Michael E. Kelly Jr » Wed, 03 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I got nailed with the problem of Optimizer crashing the 9GB drive. Have
recovered from it and have a 4.2 GB drive doing what we wanted the 9Gb to
do.

We have the Optimizer settings so the it uses the 4GB (D:) as the location
to store the data and message files for public and private folders.

I want to back up the 4GB, remove the 4GB, install the 9GB as D:, restore
the backup and carry on with the 9GB drive handling the Exchange data like
the 4GB did.

I am going to do this without running Optimizer again at any time.

Now the question.

Will the fact that Optimizer has been run at some point in the past cause
this 9GB to also deteriate?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks

Mike