DL question

Post by Michael Rob » Wed, 31 May 2000 04:00:00

I have distrobution lists that contain other DL's, If a user is a member of
mor than one of those DL's, is there a way to prevent them from recieving
multiple copies of an email sent to the main DL?

For example:

I have a DL named Sales. The members of Sales are 3 other DL's named
Hardware, Software, and Services. If I am a member of Hardware and Software
and a message is sent to the Sales DL, I do not want to get two (2) of the
same emails.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

DL question

Post by Danny Cost » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Isn't Exchange clever enough to realise that situation and only deliver it
once?  I'm pretty sure that's the case.

Danny

>I have distrobution lists that contain other DL's, If a user is a member of
>mor than one of those DL's, is there a way to prevent them from recieving
>multiple copies of an email sent to the main DL?

>For example:

>I have a DL named Sales. The members of Sales are 3 other DL's named
>Hardware, Software, and Services. If I am a member of Hardware and Software
>and a message is sent to the Sales DL, I do not want to get two (2) of the
>same emails.

>Thanks in advance,

>Michael

1. Global DL Question

Is there a way to create a global DL in Exchange Admin
from a list of smtp addresses? All of these addresses are
associated with employee mailboxes on our internal
Exchange servers. I have a VP breathing down my neck about
this.

2. Offline Address Book Error

3. Public folder in a DL question...

4. Multi Disclamier

5. Exchange 5.5 DL Question

6. OWA Problems

7. 2 DL questions

8. Inbound Internet Email Problems

9. Can this be done DL question.

10. DL question

11. DL Question

12. Exchange 4.0 Distribution List (dl) question

13. DL Questions