EXchange Server Event Log Event ID:1221

Post by Karl Pflaum » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 20:27:40

I have added an additional server to our exchange site.
Along with adding, I have deleted a server.  I have also
migrated all mail to the new server, and plan to remove
the first server in the site.  However, I am receiving an
error msg "The database has 0 megabytes of free space
after online defragmentation has terminated.", the Source
is MSExcahngeIS Public, and the Event ID:1221."  Cannot
find this event on the MS Exchange Server Site. Has anyone
encountered this, and know what the cause is.

Thanks

Karl

EXchange Server Event Log Event ID:1221

Post by AI » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 20:50:42

Hello,

Please find description in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article :
"XADM: Cannot Determine Free Space Available in Exchange Database" at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q186291

Regards,
Intermedia.NET (AI)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:> I have added an additional server to our exchange site.
> Along with adding, I have deleted a server.  I have also
> migrated all mail to the new server, and plan to remove
> the first server in the site.  However, I am receiving an
> error msg "The database has 0 megabytes of free space
> after online defragmentation has terminated.", the Source
> is MSExcahngeIS Public, and the Event ID:1221."  Cannot
> find this event on the MS Exchange Server Site. Has anyone
> encountered this, and know what the cause is.

> Thanks

> Karl

1. Event ID 1221 for Exchange in the Event Log

I am in the process of trying to write a script or use the dumpel utility to
gather info on the white space available in the Exchange Databases after
nightly defragmentation. I know it is reported in the event viewer under ID
#1221, and you can open the event to view its details. When I use the Dumpel
utility, a text file of the log specified is created, but I can not see the
info I need. Can anyone tell me how I can better approach this, or where on
the exchange server I can readily get the info. The event viewer has to
gather the info from some where, I am sure it is the edb itself, but how can
I view this info?

2. Fax details in Distribution lists

3. Microsoft Exchange Event ID:64 Event ID 1025 Event ID 1107

4. Attachments won't send

5. PUB.EDB is 0% free space with Event ID 1221

6. Instant Messaging Message Contents

7. event ID 1221

8. tracking messages in Exchange

9. Event ID 1221

10. Event ID: 1221 - Online Defrag

11. Event ID 1221??

12. No 1221 Events in App Log

13. Event Id 25, Event Id 11, Event Id 5004,