custom recipient directory import

Post by sven worl » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I am having problems trying to import a csv file into my Exchange
5.5sp2 server that I modified in Excel 97.  I used the header.exe app
to create the proper csv file and then added my group of custom
recipients.  However, when I go to import it I always get the following
error.

Event ID:  292
Source:  MSExchangeDSImp
Type:  Error
Category:  None
mail address attribute was not specified.

I initially thought it may have been a syntax problem so I exported a
test custom recipient to the header file I created.  I compared it to
the syntax of my real csv file and it was the same.  I then deleted my
test custom recipient in the administrator app and then attempted to
import it back into the administrator app. . .same error.  So now I am
at a loss.  Any suggestions?

-a rosette

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

custom recipient directory import

Post by Rich Matheise » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

                                        [ snip ]

Quote:>Event ID:  292
>Source:  MSExchangeDSImp
>Type:  Error
>Category:  None
>mail address attribute was not specified.

So what WAS in the "E-Mail Address" property?

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Post by sven worl » Sat, 23 Oct 1999 04:00:00

>                                    [ snip ]

> >Event ID:  292
> >Source:  MSExchangeDSImp
> >Type:  Error
> >Category:  None
> >mail address attribute was not specified.

> So what WAS in the "E-Mail Address" property?

> Rich Matheisen

                                   [ reply ]