priv.edb 90GB too big!

Post by Mike Payt » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 05:03:32

Hi,
on 11/21 our priv.edb was approx. 40GB
a user had an enless loop in their Inbox and two weeks
later the priv.edb had exploded to 145GB.

We removed the users mailbox and executed the offline
defrag but the priv.edb was only reduced to 132GB.  Event
1221 shows about 40GB of white space. The sum of all
mailboxes is about 50GB.

Two questions
a) any idea how we can get rid of the 40GB of white space
since the offline defrag did not reduce the file size?
b) 132GB-50GB-40GB= 42GB what are those 42GB used for??

Thanks Mike

priv.edb 90GB too big!

Post by Susan VanAllen [MVP » Fri, 13 Dec 2002 05:28:15

Deleted item retention perhaps?

Quote:> Hi,
> on 11/21 our priv.edb was approx. 40GB
> a user had an enless loop in their Inbox and two weeks
> later the priv.edb had exploded to 145GB.

> We removed the users mailbox and executed the offline
> defrag but the priv.edb was only reduced to 132GB.  Event
> 1221 shows about 40GB of white space. The sum of all
> mailboxes is about 50GB.

> Two questions
> a) any idea how we can get rid of the 40GB of white space
> since the offline defrag did not reduce the file size?
> b) 132GB-50GB-40GB= 42GB what are those 42GB used for??

> Thanks Mike

priv.edb 90GB too big!

Post by Nikor » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:30:44

Compact your priv.edb database might help.
us;Q170361.

Nikorn

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi,
>on 11/21 our priv.edb was approx. 40GB
>a user had an enless loop in their Inbox and two weeks
>later the priv.edb had exploded to 145GB.

>We removed the users mailbox and executed the offline
>defrag but the priv.edb was only reduced to 132GB.  Event
>1221 shows about 40GB of white space. The sum of all
>mailboxes is about 50GB.

>Two questions
>a) any idea how we can get rid of the 40GB of white space
>since the offline defrag did not reduce the file size?
>b) 132GB-50GB-40GB= 42GB what are those 42GB used for??

>Thanks Mike
>.

1. Priv.edb too big!!!

Our HDD has maxed out yet again (8Gb) without warning thus
the exchange server "fell over".  Is there anyway of
getting a warning before this situation happens again.

Does anyone know of a way of moving the Private.EDB and
Public.EDB and have exchange point to it other than
performance optimizer, (ours kept crashing on transfering
the file to another drive).

Many thanks in advance for you time on this.

Cheers

2. Problem deleting email

3. Priv.edb too big!

4. Has Anyone Installed...

5. My priv.edb is anormally big

6. Exchange 5.0 Public Folderss / Outlook 98

7. Priv.edb too big

8. Ballpark Sybari Pricing?

9. priv.edb too big

10. PRIV.EDB file too big for Exchange 5.5

11. Need Help With A Big File (Priv.edb)

12. Priv.edb is way too big