Ok im sure im being silly....

Ok im sure im being silly....

Post by ross malyo » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:36:32



Hi all...
i have some little questions for you clever people out their...

1.I host a domin on my exchange 2000 server..and it all works fine..but i
now need to host another one, how easy is this..is it a simple matter of
policy?

2.I need certain users to have email addresses from both domains and send
and recive them from both domains. How does one do this? for example how do
i make sure i am sending it from the domain i need it to appear i am sending
it from and not the other unreleated domain..

any help would be great...

thx
ross m

 
 
 

Ok im sure im being silly....

Post by fr46dud » Thu, 11 Oct 2001 22:28:40


See this article: Q260973
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q260/9/73.ASP?LN=EN-...
n&FR=0&qry=multiple%20domain%20recipient%20policy&rnk=6&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SR
CH&SPR=EXCH2K

Also, maybe of more value to you will be the Q articles listed at the bottom
of Q260973:

Q249299 XADM: How to Configure Recipient Policies in Exchange 2000 Server
For additional information about how to receive a messages for two SMTP
domains using Exchange 2000:
Q289833 XIMS: How to Receive Messages for Two SMTP Domains Using Exchange
2000

found in support.microsoft.com, search about "exchange 2000 server", all
keywords "multiple domain recipient policy"

Hope this helps!

DB


Quote:> Hi all...
> i have some little questions for you clever people out their...

> 1.I host a domin on my exchange 2000 server..and it all works fine..but i
> now need to host another one, how easy is this..is it a simple matter of
> policy?

> 2.I need certain users to have email addresses from both domains and send
> and recive them from both domains. How does one do this? for example how
do
> i make sure i am sending it from the domain i need it to appear i am
sending
> it from and not the other unreleated domain..

> any help would be great...

> thx
> ross m


 
 
 

Ok im sure im being silly....

Post by Craig Matthew » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:18:32


Those articles are great for actually setting up the multiple email domains,
but we also have several people in the company who consistantly need to be
able to alternate between email addresses.  Is there anyway that they can do
this WITHOUT calling the IS department everytime they need the "Set As
Default" button pressed on the Exchange Server?

Craig Matthews


Quote:> See this article: Q260973

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q260/9/73.ASP?LN=EN-...
n&FR=0&qry=multiple%20domain%20recipient%20policy&rnk=6&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SR
> CH&SPR=EXCH2K

> Also, maybe of more value to you will be the Q articles listed at the
bottom
> of Q260973:

> Q249299 XADM: How to Configure Recipient Policies in Exchange 2000 Server
> For additional information about how to receive a messages for two SMTP
> domains using Exchange 2000:
> Q289833 XIMS: How to Receive Messages for Two SMTP Domains Using Exchange
> 2000

> found in support.microsoft.com, search about "exchange 2000 server", all
> keywords "multiple domain recipient policy"

> Hope this helps!

> DB



> > Hi all...
> > i have some little questions for you clever people out their...

> > 1.I host a domin on my exchange 2000 server..and it all works fine..but
i
> > now need to host another one, how easy is this..is it a simple matter of
> > policy?

> > 2.I need certain users to have email addresses from both domains and
send
> > and recive them from both domains. How does one do this? for example how
> do
> > i make sure i am sending it from the domain i need it to appear i am
> sending
> > it from and not the other unreleated domain..

> > any help would be great...

> > thx
> > ross m

 
 
 

Ok im sure im being silly....

Post by ross malyo » Fri, 12 Oct 2001 23:08:43


I think outlook XP allows this....
im sure do a search in the newsgroups

> Those articles are great for actually setting up the multiple email
domains,
> but we also have several people in the company who consistantly need to be
> able to alternate between email addresses.  Is there anyway that they can
do
> this WITHOUT calling the IS department everytime they need the "Set As
> Default" button pressed on the Exchange Server?

> Craig Matthews



> > See this article: Q260973

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q260/9/73.ASP?LN=EN-...
n&FR=0&qry=multiple%20domain%20recipient%20policy&rnk=6&src=DHCS_MSPSS_gn_SR

- Show quoted text -

> > CH&SPR=EXCH2K

> > Also, maybe of more value to you will be the Q articles listed at the
> bottom
> > of Q260973:

> > Q249299 XADM: How to Configure Recipient Policies in Exchange 2000
Server
> > For additional information about how to receive a messages for two SMTP
> > domains using Exchange 2000:
> > Q289833 XIMS: How to Receive Messages for Two SMTP Domains Using
Exchange
> > 2000

> > found in support.microsoft.com, search about "exchange 2000 server", all
> > keywords "multiple domain recipient policy"

> > Hope this helps!

> > DB



> > > Hi all...
> > > i have some little questions for you clever people out their...

> > > 1.I host a domin on my exchange 2000 server..and it all works
fine..but
> i
> > > now need to host another one, how easy is this..is it a simple matter
of
> > > policy?

> > > 2.I need certain users to have email addresses from both domains and
> send
> > > and recive them from both domains. How does one do this? for example
how
> > do
> > > i make sure i am sending it from the domain i need it to appear i am
> > sending
> > > it from and not the other unreleated domain..

> > > any help would be great...

> > > thx
> > > ross m

 
 
 

1. ??? Converting Windows 3.1 IM to Win95 IM, *.eml to Win95 IM

Greetings,

Several problems, but all relate to Internet Mail Client. As I was away for
a few days from my machine and wished to view and save my E-mail while at
various sites, saved them two different ways, as follows:

location 1 ... using IN 95, saved the messages as *.eml files to a floppy
disk

location2 ... using Windows 3.1 IN, saved messages, folders to a zip file.
viewing folders reveals each entry (i.e.: Raaaaadm.r), etc.

Now back home, unable to import either type, if you can help, please do, as
I need to update several folders with these messages received while I was
away ...

Thanks ...

2. I need help with MBMRIGATE

3. Error : 80004005 on public folders

4. Can't Find the OST file after Ghosting. Please help!

5. Detect all incoming and outgoing mail for all mailboxes in the or ganization.

6. Does Exchange IM work with MSN IM?

7. OK OK..it's an MSmail question, but I am desperate

8. I am sure this has already been asked

9. OK, I am confused!