! How to secure open relay in MSExchange 5.0?

! How to secure open relay in MSExchange 5.0?

Post by Rene Diependael » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

Server: WinNT4.0 + MSExchange 5.0
! How to secure open relay in MSExchange 5.0?

Start>Programs>MS Exchange>Administrator>Configuration>
Connections>Internet Mail Service>Connections>Accept or Reject by Host ??

What do I choose in: Accept or reject by host>Specify Hosts>Add ??

Thanks,

Rene

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Server: WinNT4.0 + MSExchange 5.0
> ! How to secure open relay in MSExchange 5.0?

In IMC props/Routing tab click Do not reroute incoming messages.
Restart IMC.

Quote:

> Start>Programs>MS Exchange>Administrator>Configuration>
> Connections>Internet Mail Service>Connections>Accept or Reject by Host ??

> What do I choose in: Accept or reject by host>Specify Hosts>Add ??

This will not secure your open relay. Instead you will be refusing
connections from some hosts.

Quote:

--
Got questions? Tell this Keen thing "Go to hell" and visit
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SA=GN&LNG=ENG

! How to secure open relay in MSExchange 5.0?

Post by Kirill S. Palagi » Thu, 17 Aug 2000 04:00:00

BTW,
what you have in IMC props/Connections tab/Message Delivery area?

--
Got questions? Tell this Keen thing "Go to hell" and visit
http://search.support.microsoft.com/kb/c.asp?FR=0&SA=GN&LNG=ENG
If no lack there - get real newsreader software, point it to
msnews.microsoft.com to read and post your questions.

1. Veiwing news groups after securing open relay

Hi
We are running NT4 with Exchange 5.5  using ADSL, since we secured are open
relay we have been unable to send or receive mail to a pop3 accounts that we
use SMTP works fine.
Plus we are no longer able to view news groups unless we use a PC not on the
network and dialling up with modem.
Could you please point me in the right direction on how to configure
exchange to allow use to receive the Pop 3 mail again .
Thanks

2. What to set for Max Inbound Connections? 100? 200?

3. Open Relay in Exchange 5.0

4. Help About Exchange server

5. Exchange 5.0 Open Relay

6. Limit

7. Open Mail Relay in Exchange 5.0

8. Exchange 2000 public folder replication.

9. Open relay on Exchange 5.0.........?

10. Exchange 5.0 open for relaying

11. Open Relay on Exchange 5.0??

12. Exchange 5.0 open relay problem