MTA Stacks service

Post by arwe » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 02:14:02

Help! I can't get the Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks
Service to start. I've tried replacing .dlls and .tpls.
Any suggestions? Thanks.

MTA Stacks service

Post by Mark Arnold [MVP » Wed, 12 Nov 2003 05:46:00

>Help! I can't get the Microsoft Exchange MTA Stacks
>Service to start. I've tried replacing .dlls and .tpls.
>Any suggestions? Thanks.

Any events in the application log to share?

MTA Stacks service

Post by <anonym.. » Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:29:19

Yes, I get a couple of error messages.
'An unexpected error has occurred which may cause the MTA
to terminate. Error: Init Routing API returned error -
1073478776.'
event id 9405

'A fatal directory error occurred.'
event id 137

1. MTA Stacks Service won't start

We had something weird happen with our Win2K/Exch2k server after the last
reboot.  Our MTA Stacks service sits in a 'Starting' state and won't go any
further.  I get Event ID 2000 in the App Log every 1hour + 10minutes or so.
I cannot stop or start any other service while it sits in the 'Starting'
state.

All other Exchange services start fine and it seems this issue has not
affected mail delivery.  I just want to get it fixed.

Any suggestions on what to do???

Thanks

2. Auditing

3. MTA Stacks service failed