Merge exchange 5.5 mail box to exchange 2003 mail box

Merge exchange 5.5 mail box to exchange 2003 mail box

Post by Stev » Sat, 04 Oct 2003 21:53:00

Hi all,

What would happen when I use the exmerge utlity to export
the mail boxes from Exchange 5.5 server to exchange 2003?
But the exchange 2003 only setup most of the mailboxes
export from exchange 5.5. In other word, I do not want
export all the mail boxes from the old server to the new
server. Does the mail boxes did not get setup on the new
server be skiped when I run exmerge to import the new box?

Thanks.

Steve

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sun, 05 Oct 2003 09:51:13

>What would happen when I use the exmerge utlity to export
>the mail boxes from Exchange 5.5 server to exchange 2003?

Just what you'd expect to happen. It'd put the messages into the
target mailbox.

Quote:>But the exchange 2003 only setup most of the mailboxes
>export from exchange 5.5. In other word, I do not want
>export all the mail boxes from the old server to the new
>server. Does the mail boxes did not get setup on the new
>server be skiped when I run exmerge to import the new box?

Only what you tell ExMerge to do will be done. If you don't want
mailbox "X" to be touched then don't tell ExMerge to do anything with
that mailbox.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP