redirect error

Post by John Scot » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 04:44:05

Followup to my 12/20/00 post--
I've tried setting up a redirection rule again.  With nothing different from
what I was doing 3 months ago, now redirection is working.  Don't know why
it wasn't working then (or why the guy who was helping me test it said it
wasn't working when it maybe was), but it is now.

The one aspect I wasn't expecting (but should have) was that it does leave a
copy in the original destination mailbox.

Please forgive my frustration-sparked snarky manner in the previous post.

John Scott

redirect error

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Sat, 06 Jan 2001 11:10:43

>Followup to my 12/20/00 post--
>I've tried setting up a redirection rule again.  With nothing different from
>what I was doing 3 months ago, now redirection is working.  Don't know why
>it wasn't working then (or why the guy who was helping me test it said it
>wasn't working when it maybe was), but it is now.

The only problem I know about with the redirect action is that you
cannot use the "Run Now..." button.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. redirect error

I have NT4 SP4 running Exchange 5.5 SP4 using Outlook 2000 as a client to
configure rules. I have created rules to redirect mail from one mailbox to
another. When I attempt to run the rules manually in Outlook I receive a run rule-
error stating that "Redirect is not currently available". I have not been able to
locate any info on this or anything close. Has anyone seen anything like this.

Rick

2. Setup a second Domain Name

3. Redirected Exchange 5.5 restore. Error c1010aae

4. Archive Sink

5. Outlook Redirect Rules Error

6. Seting no limit ?

7. redirect can't reach external mail box

8. Master Category List

9. Redirecting OWA to new Exchange Server?

10. Email address redirect

11. OWA Redirected

12. Redirect ot public folder with configuration

13. Redirect all emails from a certain address into a generic mailbox