Mailbox details

Mailbox details

Post by George Christia » Sat, 13 Sep 1997 04:00:00



 Hi,

Does anyone know of a way that a user can change their own personal details
such as addresses and phone numbers? I am using Exchange 5.0.

George Christian

 
 
 

Mailbox details

Post by Rich Matheis » Sun, 14 Sep 1997 04:00:00



>Does anyone know of a way that a user can change their own personal details
>such as addresses and phone numbers? I am using Exchange 5.0.

Not until Exchange 5.5 and LDAP 3.0. Right now the LDAP access is
"read only".

You can try <http://www.slipstick.com/>, though. I believe there're
one or two third-party apps that can do this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Richard Matheisen                             Wang Laboratories
Microsoft Certified System Engineer           Tewksbury, MA


 
 
 

Mailbox details

Post by Dustin Smith [MVP » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00


There is a utility called the Address Book Updater which is by Greg Deckler,
he used to have a web page out there but the link seems to be out now.
Search around for this and it will do what you are looking for.

- Dustin


> Hi,

>Does anyone know of a way that a user can change their own personal details
>such as addresses and phone numbers? I am using Exchange 5.0.

>George Christian

 
 
 

Mailbox details

Post by Colene J. Alle » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00


 Dustin,

I guess it would be in poor taste to tell you I could kiss you huh? <VBG>

If that program does work, you may have saved me four days work a month!!!!

--
Regards,

Colene Allen
Windows 95 Forum Contributor ( MSN )
Windows NT Forum BBS Assistant ( MSN )

Tag Line:  Unarmed, Dangerous and off my medication!! <G>

Dustin Smith [MVP] wrote in article ...

>There is a utility called the Address Book Updater which is by Greg
Deckler,
>he used to have a web page out there but the link seems to be out now.
>Search around for this and it will do what you are looking for.

>- Dustin


>> Hi,

>>Does anyone know of a way that a user can change their own personal
details
>>such as addresses and phone numbers? I am using Exchange 5.0.

>>George Christian

 
 
 

Mailbox details

Post by George Christia » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00


 Colene,

I have looked around a little for this program, but as Dustin says, the web
page for Greg Deckler is offline. If you find this anywhere please post the
location.

George Christian

Colene J. Allen wrote in article ...

> Dustin,

>I guess it would be in poor taste to tell you I could kiss you huh? <VBG>

>If that program does work, you may have saved me four days work a month!!!!

>--
>Regards,

>Colene Allen
>Windows 95 Forum Contributor ( MSN )
>Windows NT Forum BBS Assistant ( MSN )

>Tag Line:  Unarmed, Dangerous and off my medication!! <G>

>Dustin Smith [MVP] wrote in article ...

>>There is a utility called the Address Book Updater which is by Greg
>Deckler,
>>he used to have a web page out there but the link seems to be out now.
>>Search around for this and it will do what you are looking for.

>>- Dustin


>>> Hi,

>>>Does anyone know of a way that a user can change their own personal
>details
>>>such as addresses and phone numbers? I am using Exchange 5.0.

>>>George Christian

 
 
 

Mailbox details

Post by Dustin Smith [MVP » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00


Ill keep my eyes out for it and will post something if I find it. Greg
normally posts out on the MSExchange mailling list, but it has been down for
awhile as well.

--
Dustin Smith
PC Network Adminstrator, Cerner Corporation
Microsoft Backoffice MVP - Exchange
--


> Colene,

>I have looked around a little for this program, but as Dustin says, the web
>page for Greg Deckler is offline. If you find this anywhere please post the
>location.

>George Christian

>Colene J. Allen wrote in article ...

>> Dustin,

>>I guess it would be in poor taste to tell you I could kiss you huh? <VBG>

>>If that program does work, you may have saved me four days work a
month!!!!

>>--
>>Regards,

>>Colene Allen
>>Windows 95 Forum Contributor ( MSN )
>>Windows NT Forum BBS Assistant ( MSN )

>>Tag Line:  Unarmed, Dangerous and off my medication!! <G>

>>Dustin Smith [MVP] wrote in article ...

>>>There is a utility called the Address Book Updater which is by Greg
>>Deckler,
>>>he used to have a web page out there but the link seems to be out now.
>>>Search around for this and it will do what you are looking for.

>>>- Dustin


>>>> Hi,

>>>>Does anyone know of a way that a user can change their own personal
>>details
>>>>such as addresses and phone numbers? I am using Exchange 5.0.

>>>>George Christian

 
 
 

Mailbox details

Post by Dustin Smith [MVP-Exchange » Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:00:00


I have contacted Greg about the location of the Address Book Updater, he has
a new url at: http://www.ncgroup.com/abu/abu.htm. Have a look there for
information on this utility.

--
Dustin Smith
PC Network Administrator, Cerner Corporation
Microsoft Backoffice MVP - Exchange


>Ill keep my eyes out for it and will post something if I find it. Greg
>normally posts out on the MSExchange mailling list, but it has been down
for
>awhile as well.

>--
>Dustin Smith
>PC Network Adminstrator, Cerner Corporation
>Microsoft Backoffice MVP - Exchange
>--

>> Colene,

>>I have looked around a little for this program, but as Dustin says, the
web
>>page for Greg Deckler is offline. If you find this anywhere please post
the
>>location.

>>George Christian

>>Colene J. Allen wrote in article ...

>>> Dustin,

>>>I guess it would be in poor taste to tell you I could kiss you huh? <VBG>

>>>If that program does work, you may have saved me four days work a
>month!!!!

>>>--
>>>Regards,

>>>Colene Allen
>>>Windows 95 Forum Contributor ( MSN )
>>>Windows NT Forum BBS Assistant ( MSN )

>>>Tag Line:  Unarmed, Dangerous and off my medication!! <G>

>>>Dustin Smith [MVP] wrote in article ...

>>>>There is a utility called the Address Book Updater which is by Greg
>>>Deckler,
>>>>he used to have a web page out there but the link seems to be out now.
>>>>Search around for this and it will do what you are looking for.

>>>>- Dustin


>>>>> Hi,

>>>>>Does anyone know of a way that a user can change their own personal
>>>details
>>>>>such as addresses and phone numbers? I am using Exchange 5.0.

>>>>>George Christian

 
 
 

1. Does Exchange cache Mailbox details.

Hi all,

I am facing i strange problem.
I created a mailbox in MES say "TestMailbox"
with the access rights to "User1".
I access the Mailbox using User1's profile
Then i change the access rights to "User2"
But i can still access the mailbox using User1's profile.

In fact if i delete the mailbox and create it with the same
name again with access rights to User2. I still can logon to it
using User1's logon.

Can anyone help me in figuring why this is happening

Regards

2. Visual Basic & MAPI attachments

3. Mailbox Details

4. Exchange Server and the Internet

5. users mailbox details

6. unable to create public folder????

7. Mailbox detail export

8. Print listing of InBox

9. Applet that lets user change own mailbox details

10. Exchange Mailbox details

11. Exporting mailbox details

12. Printing mailbox details

13. Accessing mailbox details through ldap