MS Exchange Server "Front Bridge"

Post by Guishe » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 06:12:11

   I hope that someone out there can help me with this;  Can anyone explain to me
what a Ms Exchange Server "Front Bridge" is?  The people here are in discussions
aboout what to do to phase on out or bring one on-line, but I have never heard of
a Front Bridge, and I was unable to find any information about it on the TechNet
or KnowledgeBase sites.  First of all, is there even such a thing as a "Front
Bridge", or is there something else with a similar name (Head Bridge, Main
Bridge, Top Bridge, etc.)?

   -- Guisher

MS Exchange Server "Front Bridge"

Post by Eric » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 06:20:22

I think you are talking about a BridgeHead server.  This is an exchange
server that dose nothing but routing.  We have it host IMS, Virus Scan and
OWA as well as connect the other 7 mail servers.

   I hope that someone out there can help me with this;  Can anyone explain
to me
what a Ms Exchange Server "Front Bridge" is?  The people here are in
discussions
aboout what to do to phase on out or bring one on-line, but I have never
heard of
a Front Bridge, and I was unable to find any information about it on the
TechNet
or KnowledgeBase sites.  First of all, is there even such a thing as a
"Front
Bridge", or is there something else with a similar name (Head Bridge, Main
Bridge, Top Bridge, etc.)?

   -- Guisher

MS Exchange Server "Front Bridge"

Post by Edward Hopkin » Thu, 11 Jan 2001 06:35:31

Eric is Correct. We too use a bridgehead server that does nothing but
collect e-mail and routes it to our primary exchange server as well as OWA.

   I hope that someone out there can help me with this;  Can anyone explain
to me
what a Ms Exchange Server "Front Bridge" is?  The people here are in
discussions
aboout what to do to phase on out or bring one on-line, but I have never
heard of
a Front Bridge, and I was unable to find any information about it on the
TechNet
or KnowledgeBase sites.  First of all, is there even such a thing as a
"Front
Bridge", or is there something else with a similar name (Head Bridge, Main
Bridge, Top Bridge, etc.)?

   -- Guisher

1. Please Help""""""""""""""

Dear All

Could you tell me if any problems reported on Exchange 5.5 with SP4 on
Windows2000 Server and analogue connection (DUN)

The reason of this question because since I upgraded exchange 5.5 sp3 to 4
my e-mails stock in the queue for very very long time or not delivered at
all.

2. X.400 '84 trace record in '88 message

3. Ms Exchange server "not responding" message

4. Exchange2000 will no longer recive E-Mails

5. ""Exchange in Win98 ?????""

6. Faxing

7. """"Microsoft Fax options""""

8. no option to "create mail box" from "exchange tasks"

9. AIX-Sendmail, ISO8859-1, MS Exchange and "=F8"-characters

10. MS Exchange "Path to Postoffice"

11. Help - MS Exchange ("MSX")

12. MS Exchange "Path to Postoffice"