OWA of 2000

Post by msnews.microsoft.co » Thu, 17 May 2001 20:59:34

I want to to use OWA of Exchange 2000 with my Exchange 5.5. Because
Microsoft is saying 2000 OWA is very much enhanced. I am planning to install
OWA of 2000 on one of my IIS server and I will point to Exchnage 5.5 Is it
possible?

OWA of 2000

Post by Martin Tuip [MVP » Thu, 17 May 2001 23:21:14

Nope ... you can't use OWA 2k as a front end for Exchange 5.5

Martin Tuip
www.exchange-mail.org

Quote:> I want to to use OWA of Exchange 2000 with my Exchange 5.5. Because
> Microsoft is saying 2000 OWA is very much enhanced. I am planning to
install
> OWA of 2000 on one of my IIS server and I will point to Exchnage 5.5 Is it
> possible?

OWA of 2000

Post by JMakow.. » Fri, 18 May 2001 06:30:47

Is that true?  I'm pretty sure I read an article somewhere that said
this can be done.

Is there an article someplace that disputes that?  I'll try to dig up
what I read.  I'm pretty sure it was on TechNet.

On Wed, 16 May 2001 16:21:14 +0200, "Martin Tuip [MVP]"

>Nope ... you can't use OWA 2k as a front end for Exchange 5.5

>Martin Tuip
>www.exchange-mail.org

>> I want to to use OWA of Exchange 2000 with my Exchange 5.5. Because
>> Microsoft is saying 2000 OWA is very much enhanced. I am planning to
>install
>> OWA of 2000 on one of my IIS server and I will point to Exchnage 5.5 Is it
>> possible?

OWA of 2000

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Fri, 18 May 2001 11:28:55

>Is that true?

Yes, it is.

Quote:>I'm pretty sure I read an article somewhere that said
>this can be done.

Then it'd be wrong, too.

Quote:>Is there an article someplace that disputes that?  I'll try to dig up
>what I read.  I'm pretty sure it was on TechNet.

OWA 5.5 can access mailboxes on E2K servers because it uses MAPI, but
OWA 2000 uses just HTTP and the store handles the rest. The 5.5 store
wouldn't know what to do with HTTP.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. OWA 5.5 Forms as ASPs into OWA Exchange 2000

In an online tutorial, the program manager for OWA/Exchange2000 indicated
that forms that were created to support OWA 5.5 (i.e. ASPs to render a form
based on the message class matching the virtual directory structure) could
still be used in Exchange 2000.
While I have found documentation on how to create new forms using the Web
Store, and this is where things should progress to, I have found no clear
documentation on how to use the forms already created via ASPs for OWA 5.5.
Is there some documentation on how I can do this? Or does anyone know how to
do this?

Much thanks for any help!

-Marji

2. cdo

3. owa 5.5 2000 server

4. Problem with install MTA Transport Stack

5. OWA and 2000

6. error 0xc002041d Setup Fails - Q182513

7. Contact list in OWA (Exchange 2000)

8. 5.5 Move server wizard

9. Separating OWA in 2000

10. OWA Exchange 2000 SP3 and Windows XP

11. What's new in OWA for 2000

12. 404 error when attempting to change password in OWA (Exchange 2000 SP2)

13. Installing two instances of OWA (Exchange 2000)