Message failure mail, anyone have any ideas

Post by Stuar » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

One of my remote users has had this sent from exchange when trying to send
a mail to an internal employee. Any ideas what it mean, first time i have
seen the message.

      Subject:  settlement
      Sent:     11/11/98 16:56

      Jevon Thorpe on 11/11/98 16:56
            Unable to deliver the message because the originator prohibited
redirection to an alternate recipient or the message was encrypted
            MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:Coventry:EXCHANGE_SERVER

Message failure mail, anyone have any ideas

Post by Chris Scharf » Fri, 13 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I would imagine that it means either the message was marked as private by
the origional sender or was encrypted.

Chris Scharff
Exchange Administrator
Black & veatch LLP

Quote:

>One of my remote users has had this sent from exchange when trying to send
>a mail to an internal employee. Any ideas what it mean, first time i have
>seen the message.

>Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Post by Rainer Rosenberge » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I would imagine that it means either the message was marked as private by
>the origional sender or was encrypted.

and additionally an MTA on the path was asked to replace the initial address
and redirect the mail to an alternate recipient (e.g.  to one of the often
requested catchall mailboxes or a distribution list).

1. Does anyone have any ideas? Entry ID Failure

I have just installed CDO on my Exchange 5.5.  I installed SP2 and upgraded
Outlook to OL98 (8.5.5603.0).  I finally got CDO to pop up the Agents tab,
and was successful in getting a script to write to a file.  I was feeling
pretty good about myself, and then things stopped working.

When I tried to pull out message information, trouble.  I use
EventDetails.Session, EventDetails.FolderID, and EventDetails.MessageID to
get the session object and respective ID's.  No error there.  But, whenever
I try to set either the folder or message object using the
session.GetFolder(folderID, Null) or session.GetMessage(messageID, Null)
commands, Exchange calls an error:

Session.GetMessage Failed:  [MAPI - [MAPI_E_UNKNOWN_ENTRYID(80040201)]]:
----OR----
Session.GetFolder Failed:  [MAPI - [MAPI_E_UNKNOWN_ENTRYID(80040201)]]:

(This message is generated by the 'GetEventDetails' Function of the Expense
Agent Script from Rizzo's Programming Outlook and Exchange book - modified
to not call the CheckTotal Function  - Chapter 12 if anyone is interested)

I looked in MS help for this error, and I got some indication that
synchronization is involved, but I don't have a clue what this means.

Can anyone help??? I'd really appreciate some direction to move on this...

Thanks,

Stan Zieg

2. moving exchange from one server to another

3. Event ID: 1147 anyone have any ideas

4. import data from oracle database into exchange

5. Weird Request -- Anyone have any ideas?

6. Exchange 5.5 Email messages are one hour early

7. anyone have an idea: POP3

8. Outlook 2000 Journal and Exchange 5.5

9. Dell Openmage - good idea or bad idea?

10. Server failure - assistance anyone?

11. Setup failure - Can anyone please help!

12. Failure to upgrade Exchange 2000, can anyone help?

13. Notification: Outbound Mail Failure - Message timed out