Conferencing within Exchange2003

Post by Jeff » Sun, 19 Oct 2003 02:11:17

Does Exchange2003 offer any video conferencing?

Conferencing within Exchange2003

Post by raoul » Sun, 19 Oct 2003 03:00:13

NO,
The conferencing module has been removed from exchange
since the last release, there is a new product commming
that is called realtime collaboration that will handle
all these real time collaboration softwares including
mesenger, conferencing... this product is available for
download as a beta product if you have msdn access.

Raould

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

Post by Mark Arnold [MVP » Sun, 19 Oct 2003 03:49:11

>NO,
>The conferencing module has been removed from exchange
>since the last release, there is a new product commming
>that is called realtime collaboration that will handle
>all these real time collaboration softwares including
>mesenger, conferencing... this product is available for
>download as a beta product if you have msdn access.

>Raould

It's not Beta any more. It releases with Office 2003 system at the end
of the month. MSDN is a release copy.
As for conferencing you would need something like
www.siemens.com/openscape on top of Windows Messenger to provide added
functionality. LCS is seen essentially as the enabling technology
rather than the solution.

Yes, It's a shameless plug. I'm part of the project team for it.

1. Customizing the Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server video conferencing client

We want to customize the Exchange 2000 Conferencing Server multicast
video conferencing client. For instance to add some functionalities
for conference moderation. We want to keep control which video
conference attendees are shown by live video and audio on each
conference client with the possibility to passivate some of them.
Is it possible to script the existing multicast video ActiveX video
client to do this? Is there a SDK to implement such functionalities
with conferencing server multicast video clients? Nice would be a
multicast video conferencing client sample and some how to's.

Thanking in advance for your help
Michael

2. Outlook 2001 for MAC

3. Exchange2003

4. Export DL recipients

5. Outlook and Exchange2003

6. Messages Incomplete

7. Cannot change default address in Exchange2003!!!

8. can you send from two different addresses

9. Upgrade to Exchange2003

10. exchange2003 rc1 to 120 Day FRM demo.

11. migration from NT/5.5 to 2003server/Exchange2003

12. Exchange2003

13. MSExchangeSA not starting on a EXchange2003 Frontend