Address List Generation

Post by Trevor Lawrenc » Thu, 16 May 2002 08:54:11

How can I construct an address list containing all the users in a particular
OU (and its sub OUs) in A/D?

It would be somewhat artificial for us to add Department or Division info,
etc to select the right users when they are already structured into
appropriate OUs

--
Trevor Lawrence
School of Computing

Address List Generation

Post by Ron Stewar » Thu, 16 May 2002 23:38:04

Unfortunately, adding the dept/div info is probably the easiest way to do
this. Otherwise you're looking at setting up a custom LDAP query at least,
possibly a script.

--
Ron Stewart
B.Ed., MCSE+I, MCT

Quote:> How can I construct an address list containing all the users in a
particular
> OU (and its sub OUs) in A/D?

> It would be somewhat artificial for us to add Department or Division info,
> etc to select the right users when they are already structured into
> appropriate OUs

> --
> Trevor Lawrence
> School of Computing
> University of Canberra
> AUSTRALIA

Address List Generation

Post by Trevor Lawrenc » Fri, 17 May 2002 12:26:25

Frustrating.  The required LDAP query seems simple enough, but the query
builder for the address lists doesn't allow you to build this type of query,
and seems to have no facility for writing a completely custom query.

I wonder why.

Trevor

> Unfortunately, adding the dept/div info is probably the easiest way to do
> this. Otherwise you're looking at setting up a custom LDAP query at least,
> possibly a script.

> --
> Ron Stewart
> B.Ed., MCSE+I, MCT
> Senior Instructor/Consultant
> triOS Training Centres
> Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
> (905) 542-7678
> --

> > How can I construct an address list containing all the users in a
> particular
> > OU (and its sub OUs) in A/D?

> > It would be somewhat artificial for us to add Department or Division
info,
> > etc to select the right users when they are already structured into
> > appropriate OUs

> > --
> > Trevor Lawrence
> > School of Computing
> > University of Canberra
> > AUSTRALIA

Address List Generation

Post by Ron Stewar » Sat, 18 May 2002 02:34:39

You CAN build a custom LDAP query in the interface. In the "Find Exchange
Recipients" dialog, in the "Find" list, select "Custom Search", then you can
go to the "Advanced" tab and enter a custom LDAP query. I'm no LDAP query
language expert, so I usually build the query with the regular interface
first, getting as close as I can to what I want. Then I copy and paste the
resulting query into this window and modify it.

--
Ron Stewart
B.Ed., MCSE+I, MCT
Senior Instructor/Consultant
triOS Training Centres
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
(905) 542-7678
--

> Frustrating.  The required LDAP query seems simple enough, but the query
> builder for the address lists doesn't allow you to build this type of
query,
> and seems to have no facility for writing a completely custom query.

> I wonder why.

> Trevor

> > Unfortunately, adding the dept/div info is probably the easiest way to
do
> > this. Otherwise you're looking at setting up a custom LDAP query at
least,
> > possibly a script.

> > --
> > Ron Stewart
> > B.Ed., MCSE+I, MCT
> > Senior Instructor/Consultant
> > triOS Training Centres
> > Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
> > (905) 542-7678
> > --

> > > How can I construct an address list containing all the users in a
> > particular
> > > OU (and its sub OUs) in A/D?

> > > It would be somewhat artificial for us to add Department or Division
> info,
> > > etc to select the right users when they are already structured into
> > > appropriate OUs

> > > --
> > > Trevor Lawrence
> > > School of Computing
> > > University of Canberra
> > > AUSTRALIA

Address List Generation

Post by Trevor Lawrenc » Tue, 21 May 2002 13:08:58

Thanks.  I'd missed that route.

Trevor

> You CAN build a custom LDAP query in the interface. In the "Find Exchange
> Recipients" dialog, in the "Find" list, select "Custom Search", then you
can
> go to the "Advanced" tab and enter a custom LDAP query. I'm no LDAP query
> language expert, so I usually build the query with the regular interface
> first, getting as close as I can to what I want. Then I copy and paste the
> resulting query into this window and modify it.

> --
> Ron Stewart
> B.Ed., MCSE+I, MCT
> Senior Instructor/Consultant
> triOS Training Centres
> Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
> (905) 542-7678
> --

> > Frustrating.  The required LDAP query seems simple enough, but the query
> > builder for the address lists doesn't allow you to build this type of
> query,
> > and seems to have no facility for writing a completely custom query.

> > I wonder why.

> > Trevor

> > > Unfortunately, adding the dept/div info is probably the easiest way to
> do
> > > this. Otherwise you're looking at setting up a custom LDAP query at
> least,
> > > possibly a script.

> > > --
> > > Ron Stewart
> > > B.Ed., MCSE+I, MCT
> > > Senior Instructor/Consultant
> > > triOS Training Centres
> > > Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
> > > (905) 542-7678
> > > --

> > > particular

> > info,

1. Scripting Address List Generation?

Need some help.  I am looking for sample code/scripts that can query my AD
structure and generate Address Lists based on containers, and/or literature
to back that up.  Basically I have containers for all my office locations
and would like to display them in the GAL.  Long process to do manually.

Thanks in advance,
Corbin

2. I still think this is doable

3. Address list generation: OAB folder MUST be moved to E2K server

4. 5.5 - 2000 upgrade

5. automatic distribution list generation

6. Listserv

7. Setting up

8. Extra address list other than Global Address List

9. Configuring Global Address List to be just under the Personal Address List