Change permissions on LDAP directory using LDAP client v3

Change permissions on LDAP directory using LDAP client v3

Post by Microsof » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

   I am attempting to use a standard LDAP v3 client to not only look at the
exchange user directory but make changes to it.

  If I'm an administrator on the system, it allows me to do everything but
change the "Reports To:" field.  Any other permission setting allows what
appears to be read only.

  Where can I set permissions to allow a specific end user permissions to
change the exchange user database using exchange without giving them admin
ability.

Thanks

Tony Duncan

Concentric Network

1. LDAP, problems with LDAP client

I am using Messageware(3.0) from Nexor (GB). I have tried the following
articles from Technet:
 How to authenticate for LDAP Acess (Q182507)
How to setup Container Level Search Control(Q182902)
and
Access Directory Through LDAP When Search Control is Set(Q192306)

And I only have choice to let the users to access the whole Global Address
List or nothing.
There is no way I can give access to only one Address Book views that I've
created.

I tried also with the Microsoft LDAP client for Outlook 98, same problem.

Exchange 5.5 SP2
Outlook 98
Workstation NT 4.0 SP3 +Hotfix Y2K

DOes any one had tried it before me!

Many Thanks!

2. Service account: I don't wanna administrator and use another...

3. Exchange 5.5 and LDAP v3.0

4. Big Big problem moving Exchange into new domain!

5. Help for error messages from LDAP v3 and Exchange 5

6. MS Exchange Admin Opportunity in UK, West Midlands

7. Changing the Directory Name and LDAP

8. Delivery receipt over the IMS

9. Retrieving hierarchical Directory Organization using LDAP

10. LDAP field values from 3rdparty Directory using ADSI

11. Using LDAP to Modify Exchange Server directory

12. Using LDAP Directory

13. How to get Exchange Server 5.5 directory using LDAP