Outlook Mail

Post by Sean McLaughli » Fri, 31 Oct 1997 04:00:00

One of our remote clients receives the following error when starting Outlook
to retreive his e-mail :

"The MAPI Spooler has unexpectedly shut down.  Please
close all mail enabled applications before attempting to log on."

According to him, after he has dialed into his Netcom account he has never
had a problem starting Outlook and retrieving his mail. Now this error
allegedly out of the blue.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Sean McLaughlin

Outlook Mail

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>"The MAPI Spooler has unexpectedly shut down.  Please
>close all mail enabled applications before attempting to log on."

>According to him, after he has dialed into his Netcom account he has never
>had a problem starting Outlook and retrieving his mail. Now this error
>allegedly out of the blue.  Any help would be much appreciated.

How about trying thes MS KB articles. I'd try Q137245 first.

Q162223 "OL97: Err Msg: "MAPI Spooler Has Shut Down Unexpectedly""
Q163750 "OL97: Outlook Running With Eudora Pro 3.0 May Cause Errors"
Q137245 "Cannot Open or Compose Message in Windows Messaging"