Mailboxes on separate drive??

Post by Kristofer Mille » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me one, if you can place mailboxes (Private Information
Stores) on a separate drive from Exchange (Exchange on C: and mailboxes on
D:) and two if you can, how do you do this. Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Kris Miller
Northland College

Mailboxes on separate drive??

Post by Trade » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

Use the Exchange optimizer

Quote:>Can anyone tell me one, if you can place mailboxes (Private Information
>Stores) on a separate drive from Exchange (Exchange on C: and mailboxes on
>D:) and two if you can, how do you do this. Any and all help is
appreciated!

>Thanks,
>Kris Miller
>Northland College

Mailboxes on separate drive??

Post by Doug Hampshir » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

Yes, in fact you SHOULD be doing this. Use Exchange Optimizer to perform the
database moves.

Quote:> Can anyone tell me one, if you can place mailboxes (Private Information
> Stores) on a separate drive from Exchange (Exchange on C: and mailboxes on
> D:) and two if you can, how do you do this. Any and all help is
appreciated!

> Thanks,
> Kris Miller
> Northland College

Mailboxes on separate drive??

Post by David Sengupt » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

It's recommended that the binaries go on one spindle, the transaction logs
on another, and the information stores on a third.  Transaction logs should
be on the fastest drive.

--
David Sengupta, MCP
Sengupta at ncf dot ca

Quote:>Can anyone tell me one, if you can place mailboxes (Private Information
>Stores) on a separate drive from Exchange (Exchange on C: and mailboxes on
>D:) and two if you can, how do you do this. Any and all help is
appreciated!

>Thanks,
>Kris Miller
>Northland College

Mailboxes on separate drive??

Post by David Sengupt » Sat, 22 May 1999 04:00:00

Thanks, Rich!

--
David Sengupta, MCP
Sengupta at ncf dot ca

Post by Rich Matheis » Sun, 23 May 1999 04:00:00

>It's recommended that the binaries go on one spindle, the transaction logs
>on another, and the information stores on a third.  Transaction logs should
>be on the fastest drive.

And, to carry this even further, the MTA Database should also be on a
separate spindle, and the MTA Run directory should be separated from
the database directory. And, if you use the IMS heavily, the imcdata
should also be on a separate spindle.

------------------
Rich Matheisen
MCSE, Exchange MVP

Mailboxes on separate drive??

Post by Amiri Jone » Sun, 23 May 1999 04:00:00

In the Exchange Optimizer, note the location of the Private and Public
Information Stores; they hold mailbox and public folder content,
respectively.

Post by dv.. » Tue, 25 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Can anyone tell me one, if you can place mailboxes (Private
Information
> Stores) on a separate drive from Exchange (Exchange on C: and
mailboxes on
> D:) and two if you can, how do you do this. Any and all help is
appreciated!

> Thanks,
> Kris Miller
> Northland College

You can do this by moving the private information store to a seperate
drive. This is accomplished by running the exchange Optimizer.

Venkat