Exchange Server client license problems and failed email delivery

Exchange Server client license problems and failed email delivery

Post by byr.. » Fri, 22 Jan 1999 04:00:00

We have recently started having a lot of messages we know were sent
fail to arrive at our Exchange Server 5.0 SP2.  At the same time we
started receiving repeated event log errors telling us we had exceeded
our license count even though we know we have not.  The main question
is does Exchange Server start rejecting incoming internet mail when it
perceives the license count has been exceeded?  I couldn't find any
reference to the issue in books on line.  The message being received
by one sender was:

            No transport provider was available for delivery to this
recipient.

As a result of a message on this newsgroup we stopped the license
service, deleted the file %systemroot%\System32\Lls\Llsuser.lls and
restarted the service.  This has stopped the log entries but we're not
sure yet whether it has solved the inbound email problem.  The
newsgroup item said to delete the files %systemroot%\System32\Cpl.cfg
and %systemroot%\System32\Lls\Llsmap.lls as well, but they were not
present on the system.  Can anybody tell me if they should have been
and why they might not have been?

In the same vein, we are about to order the paper docs from Microsoft
but I want to know if there is a better reference out there somewhere
first.  Can anyone offer a suggestion for better available book(s)?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.